Lockdown Confessional

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

Go on, what have you done during this pantomime that you’re not entirely proud of?

Eaten out of date food? Listened to Coldplay? Played with yourself whilst the kids were doing online maths?

I’ll start it off. I’ve watched six episodes of Scrubs. I know.

This is so fucking middle class but I've gone back to 2018 on the Guardian Quick Crossword. 

This doesn't sound much but I had to manually scroll through 30 pages to get there.

I learnt how to play Still DRE on my 7yo's guitar as well.

That's about it. 

Edit: just remembered I spent about 12 hours one day watching YouTube videos of train hopping.

Edited by SuperBacon

I located a room Mrs. Mount-Evans frequents that i believe is called "The Kitchen"? & participated in what could be loosely described as "Cooking".

Hot Dogs, Soup, Bacon Sandwich, Mushroom & Brown Sauce Toasty.

Full on development of life skills! :) 

• Paid Members

I punted a mouse which I thought was dead but was just frightened. It made a little beep noise then smacked off the garden wall killing it. My dog then swallowed it whole like a crocodile. I found this hysterical. 

Edited by ElCece

• Paid Members

Started a to develop a podcast with Sam Delaney’s production company. And bought a bike for the first time in 20 years.

Thats about it. I worked from home prior to this, and because of what I do I’ve probably been working more then ever. Certainly longer days. I don’t wish furlough on anyone, but I’m glad those that have been are able to learn new skills or catch up with films and TV shows.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Started a to develop a podcast with Sam Delaney’s production company. And bought a bike for the first time in 20 years.

Thats about it. I worked from home prior to this, and because of what I do I’ve probably been working more then ever. Certainly longer days. I don’t wish furlough on anyone, but I’m glad those that have been are able to learn new skills or catch up with films and TV shows.

And you're not proud of this because...?

I fell down stairs and hurt my arm and collar bone on December 01st. Was off ten weeks, worked for four weeks then took annual leave then was Furloughed before I returned.

Been eating and bevvying way too much so in day two of a health kick.

I was so bored earlier that I picked up Jovi, one of my two cats, and hummed the theme tune to whilst pretending to play late 1970s quiz Show Runaround.

Each time I did my Mike Reid impersonation of 'Runaround Nahhhhhh' we would go into another room and run around in circles like a pair of fucking halfwits. Though that comment should be singularly directed at myself.

Jovi tolerated it for five minutes.

I really should go back to drinking.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

Sound the pathetic klaxon as loud as you can, i'm crushing hard on two women I follow on Twitter.  

It's only pathetic when you've cracked one out to them mate don't worry. 

• Paid Members

I smashed my daughter's bedroom window 3 days into lockdown whilst playing football in the garden. 

I lost my house keys whilst going for a jog. Luckily someone nearby found them and posted it on Facebook, so I got them back.

I borrowed my friend's lawnmower to cut the grass on the green our garden backs onto- and blew the motor two hours later.

All quite minor compared to @Frankie Crisp watching fucking scrubs, the monster. "And then I learned something..."