The worst of the UKFF.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I think it was something like "(The world according to )Gladstone-arp". Does that ring a bell?

I do now, yeah! @patiircĀ you had an absolute shocker here.

On Lawz, was he the one who had his girlfriend's tits in his sig for years?

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Found it:

You had to explain it to me!

On 1/27/2013 at 1:53 AM, Ronnie said:

I didn't have a clue what the attempted joke was in patdfb's comment so asked Gladders. Apparently he was trying to write "The World according to G(ladstone)-arp" as a play on the film "The World according to Garp". So, as G(lastone)-arp says, "even if he had got the parentheses correct, it would still be a terribly shit gag".

Ā 

Just now, gmoney said:

I had no idea Mo Chatra had a bee in his bonnet about Lister. That was hilarious.Ā 

I remember when Mo was the UK distributor for the Observer, so this is the late 90s. Ā He would add "Mo's Notes" at the end or on an additional page and the two things that always stand outĀ were him claiming his improved physique "was the talk of the boys in the locker room" (I think he was only a referee) on one show and him regularly commenting on what a ladies man he was. Ā I never knew the guy outside of getting the newsletter through him but I felt he came off like a right bragadocious tit with some of the stuff he would write.Ā 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

On Lawz, was he the one who had his girlfriend's tits in his sig for years?

Is that around the same time Pat made some fucking odd post comparing Chest to a Llama in the hate thread?Ā 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

I remember when Mo was the UK distributor for the Observer, so this is the late 90s. Ā He would add "Mo's Notes" at the end or on an additional page and the two things that always stand outĀ were him claiming his improved physique "was the talk of the boys in the locker room" (I think he was only a referee) on one show and him regularly commenting on what a ladies man he was. Ā I never knew the guy outside of getting the newsletter through him but I felt he came off like a right bragadocious tit with some of the stuff he would write.Ā 

In things that have aged terribly, remember when he posted a thread about hearing the goss that an ex-WWE tag team champion was gay, and asking what would be the best way to interact with them should they meet, because he didn't know how to act around gay fellas?

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Is that around the same time Pat made some fucking odd post comparing Chest to a Llama in the hate thread?Ā 

That was a few months later, yep:

And since that's a mention of a hate thread, it helps me shoehorn in probably my favourite "worst of the UKFF", @Allstar69. I didn't dislike him at all but he really got on a lot of people's nerves with his terrible attempts at writing an inability to understand what was going on around him. He had a spectacular, self-inflicted end to his UKFF career via an assault in a hate thread on an idiot, which he then dolted up to a banning.

Ā 

• Paid Members

My personal faves were the Sh*tlists and how many people (and their fans) who featured on them rocked up here defending themselves... inadvertently reiterating a lot of the reasons folk thought they were dung in the first place. Glorious.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

In things that have aged terribly, remember when he posted a thread about hearing the goss that an ex-WWE tag team champion was gay, and asking what would be the best way to interact with them should they meet, because he didn't know how to act around gay fellas?

I know I had to beat the gays off with a stick just for buying Power Slam. Cant imagine what it was like for him writing for it.