The worst of the UKFF.

PowerButchi

12 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Yes it is that Chatra @SuperBacon, tends to post more about Liverpool/football finances than wrestling these days, not sure why he’s resorting to using the armchair Reds’ ridiculous shortening of Everton though, he’s smarter than that I thought

Reading through that thread, clearly not.

• Paid Members
On 5/13/2020 at 1:34 PM, Astro Hollywood said:

Remember when he left himself logged in at college and one of his friends made a post that he'd died, so everyone replied with the :sneaky: that he always used as a moving tribute?

That was @lava_boy :sneaky:

Edited by Silky Kisser
Lava, hot lava

Is Mr Seven dead or a very successful music reviewer who no longer watches wrestling?  It has to be one or the other presume.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Loki said:

Is Mr Seven dead or a very successful music reviewer who no longer watches wrestling?  It has to be one or the other presume.

The latter. Actually, he might still watch wrestling, but not if he has any sense.

He's mostly known for his *superb* podcast though which, even though my music knowledge ends in 2004 and I never know who they're talking about, is a great listen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/no-encore/id1097400213

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Someone once mentioned he was a successful music reviewer which blew my mind because he used to post music reviews on here and they were absolutely dreadful.

Good on him though, I guess. Hope he calmed the fuck down with age.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Someone once mentioned he was a successful music reviewer which blew my mind because he used to post music reviews on here and they were absolutely dreadful.

I totally understand people not liking him or his opinions but the standard of his writing has always been outstanding.

This piece he did about Chester Bennington and mental health in rock music is one of the best things I've ever read.

https://www.joe.ie/music/music-chester-bennington-mental-health-and-the-struggle-to-connect-633882

Well I never.  Well done him.

I think of UKFF as my internet home.  I took a few years off for my sanity, but came back as frankly the rest of the internet is far, far worse than this little backwater where we have this odd shared language of wrestling that nobody else understands.

Plus we’ve all aged together, grown up and become more tolerant - the place changed quite a bit in my time off.

I guess we’ll slowly bleed regular posters as people no longer need an internet home, and pick up the very occasional new wrestling fan who is prepared to use something as old fashioned as a forum.

There’s about 4 posters on here who I’ve known since the days of ExileD, way before UKFF, although their names have changed many times since then.  There’s something comforting in their presence for me. Like spotting an old school friend in a pub, and just nodding at each other quietly.

EDIT: this probably belongs in a Best Of UKFF thread 🤣

Edited by Loki

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I totally understand people not liking him or his opinions but the standard of his writing has always been outstanding.

Yeah, he was a total dickhead in the way he carried himself in conversation and had terrible opinions but he was a smart guy and could always string a sentence together. I'm not surprised he's found success.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Me and Seven used to get on on here, then he suddenly took against me (I think because I had mocked Slipknot?) and went out of his way to be rude and sneery. He followed me on Twitter a couple of years ago, but unfollowed within a day when I didn't return the favour.

Pretty much my experience with him too. I'd see him calling me every name under the sun and following me around the forum with that hate, but then see a PM from him calling me mate and being incredibly nice. It was strange and I just assumed he had legit issues.

• Paid Members

He told me to kill myself years back because I liked some album he obviously hated. Now he's writing pieces on mental health? Jesus, what a world. Imagine writing about a subject as delicate as that and knowing all the shite you've said to people on here over the years. No wonder he fucked off and hasn't been seen since.

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members

Yeah I got along well enough with Seven to the point he added me on MSN and we'd have the occasional nice chat about films and stuff then at the same time I'd see him on here post these lengthy, hatefilled, really nasty diatribes where he'd take really fucking horrible and unnecessary personal shots at people. Or if someone politely disagreed with his often ridiculously over the top opinion he'd just reply with 😂 and tell them to fuck off. I found him quite confusing and difficult.

Edited by LaGoosh