Jackass / CKY

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

So when are people going to start posting old footage of their home made Jackass stunts they filmed?

Don't pretend you and your mates didn’t do it when you weren’t backyard wrestling. 

It was pre-digital convenience, so I don't know if any video exists of us being twats.

My "speciality" was eating lightbulbs. Maybe if we had video'd it, I wouldn't have had to do it so often and there might be some enamel left on my fucking teeth.

50 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

So when are people going to start posting old footage of their home made Jackass stunts they filmed?

Don't pretend you and your mates didn’t do it when you weren’t backyard wrestling. 

Not gonna post any of it but yeah we did our own version (entitled "Japseye"). Was pretty terrible but I had the advantage of my Dad working in video production at the time so I had access to hi-8 digitiser along with a computer running editiing software. Thus we were able to turn the footage into some amusing little "episodes", adding music / graphics definitely perked up the stoned nonsense that we'd recorded.

Couple years ago I found the episodes along with the old hi-8 tapes, I digitised everything we hadn't used and learned how to do DVD authoring. Put it all  together into a "box set" style DVD with menus etc (plus bonus deleted scenes!). Got the DVDs and cases printed with logos etc and sent them out to the people involved (often without telling them I'd done any of this). It's made for a nice keepsake of what are now quite distant times

Edited by organizedkaos

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Me and my friends tried to basically copy the Landspeed format with a skateboarding video with pranks in between. Did a lot of the antiquing skits. We made a video called ERTH (because we thought it sounded cool 🙄) The guy who had the video camera and the hi tech computer actually did a really good job of putting it together

Fuck knows where my copy is. It could’ve gone over the tip years back. I haven’t spoken to the main guy in years and he’s off all social media. My other friend who was involved has moved away and he might have a copy. I’d like to watch it again though. I’d probably cringe through most of it.

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Me and my friends borrowed a video camera and made ours. I have a VHS copy of it in my loft somewhere.  It's only funny/embarrassing to us really.  We called ours 'Tosservision'. which I still find a little amusing. 

9 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Seems like a whole lifetime ago 

My friends and I were about 12/13 when the whole Jackass phenomenon started. There was about 5 of us who started our own group called 'Soon 2 B Famous' which was a take on the film title 'Almost Famous'. We used to film ourselves skating and doing stupid shit in the village we lived in. Mostly it involved climbing onto and then jumping off things. We all tried to have a gimmick that we could be recognised by, mine was a rainbow beanie hat. 

One of the group was a bit tech savvy back then as well so used to edit anything we shot and also set us up a website that we used to post videos on. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Too hot to concentrate on any TV at the moment so I’ve been watching Jackass on Netflix. Number 2 is so fucking funny if you’ve got a spare 90 minutes. 

I forgot how much shit Bam put his Poor Mum and Dad through, although I did love this exchange with him and his Mum I’m 2.5 -

“Hey Mom, I’m at the beach!”

”Ok”

”I’m going to fly a kite.... with my anus!”

”Wtf How?”

“.....Anal Beads”

“You’ll get arrested!!!!”

”ummmm......we’ve got a permit”

*screams*

• Paid Members
On 5/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, Rey_Piste said:

Bam looking like Matty Matheson there.

Matty-Matheson.jpg

"I can still pull pints, and make all kinds of money for the folks at home. And at the end of the day, why spoil a good thing? And that's that."

[credits]

• 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

Truly awful to see the poor chap in a shite heap like that.

I don't mean this as a throwaway comment, but I really thought Margera would be the type whose vanity would stand to him as he got older and wouldn't allow him to present himself like that. 

That's really upended me, has to be said.