Jackass / CKY

SuperBacon

On 7/22/2021 at 10:54 PM, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Theres two Brandon's in the Jackass/CKY universe I get confused.

Brandon DiCamillo from the orignal Jackass series and first two movies plus the original CKY tapes. Funny, likeable, talented and one of the best things about the early stuff. Seemingly saw sense and bailed on Bam/Jackass 15 years ago 

Brandon Novak useless, unfunny heroin addict. Bam's sidekick from the terrible MTV spin off years. Somehow not dead. 

Novak sorted himself out, and seems intent on being a brilliant human being now. 

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

So the new one is great and the fact that Ehren McGhehey is its MVP is probably an indicator of how much he was treated like shit by Bam Margera when he was around. The new faces were also good fits. Didn't miss Bam at all. Missed Ryan Dunn a lot. Loved it though.

• Paid Members

Saw this last night and had a great time.. Danger Ehren put in a hell of a shift and was definitely the star this time round which was actually really nice considering how he's been overlooked and treated like shit for so long. Bam appearing just the once and looking like a dead man walking compared to everyone but his absence gave more time for Ehren, Dave England, Preston and Wee Man to shine. Outside of the bull hit Knoxville got off pretty lightly and seemed to take on a role primarily as The Host rather than active involvement (but fuck me, he's earned it) and Pontius spent most his time on the sidelines making jokes, he got off very lightly.  The vibe of this was definitely lighter than the others and not having Bam's streak of nastiness is probably the reason for it. The Silence of the lambs bit was an absolute classic skit, apart from that I don't think it came close to the highs of 2 and 3 but it was still incredible. I've always preferred the big, mad stunts to the gross stuff or animal stuff. The new guys were all fine, Poopies fit in so well it almost feels like he's been part of the gang all along.

My Jackass final rankings: 2,3,4,1.

Edited by LaGoosh

A group of us went to see this last night and really enjoyed it. Just the right mix of nostalgia and new additions to keep a sense of familiarity whilst not sacrificing on stunts.  I actually felt quite emotional at the end (before the obvious part).  Equally happy to see everyone looking (relatively) happy and healthy, but also watching the side-by-side clips at the end and realising this could be the last time we see them together in this format, and also realising just how much time has passed since Jackass first aired.  And yeah, Ehren definitely stole the show on this one. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

seems to be behind the scenes of the making and clips which didn’t make the final cut.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be there as quick as I can. 

• Awards Moderator
On 5/20/2022 at 10:56 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Netflix released Jackass 4.5 today. Watched a bit, seems to be behind the scenes of the making and clips which didn’t make the final cut.

Uh yeah so this is a totally different film to the cinema release. Lots of talking heads stuff and new stunts but I was quite surprised just how much of it was new. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Uh yeah so this is a totally different film to the cinema release. Lots of talking heads stuff and new stunts but I was quite surprised just how much of it was new. 

The did .5’s for both 2 and 3 (don’t remember one for the first Jackass) and they aren’t as heavy with talking heads at all, but I welcomed the cast discussing how they thought it would never happen,

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The did .5’s for both 2 and 3 (don’t remember one for the first Jackass) and they aren’t as heavy with talking heads at all, but I welcomed the cast discussing how they thought it would never happen,

Those were all physical releases, though. Can't tell if there will be one for 4.5.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

4.5 was by far the best of the .5 releases. It felt like they actually saved some good stuff for it rather than it just being stuff they hoovered up off the editing room floor. It also proves that Danger Ehren was incredible in Jackass Forever as he was barely in this!

32 minutes ago, seph said:

Those were all physical releases, though. Can't tell if there will be one for 4.5 (especially as 4 proper doesn't have one yet)

4 has been out since the start of the month - Jackass Forever [Blu-ray] [2022] [Region Free] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09RBQ9FX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_86ZD9YZANP165YBB53EG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1