Jackass / CKY

SuperBacon

• Moderators

It always seemed like DiCamillo had the most potential, but he hated Hollywood, flying, and not being able to play video games, so missed out on all the movies and subsequent career he might've had. I can't find it now, so maybe I dreamed it, but last I saw, he was pitching a pilot for a (serious?) reality show where he and his family excavated civil war-era toilets. I read that he fell out with Bam after Viva La Bam, and they've not spoken for a decade.

He still makes stuff, but just for himself, and periodically uploads things before deleting it all. Here's a video from last month which has an Adam and Joe feel.

As much as loved Jackass and CKY growing up, I always thought Bam was a whiny little bitch who had to get everything his own way because he knew there’d be nothing without him due to his status as a pro skater. It always did my head in when he’d take his ball and go home because someone played a prank on him. 

I always remember my mate ringing me up when he found out that his copy of CKY4 was one of the ones with the secret sex tape on it. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I can't find it now, so maybe I dreamed it, but last I saw, he was pitching a pilot for a (serious?) reality show where he and his family excavated civil war-era toilets. I read that he fell out with Bam after Viva La Bam, and they've not spoken for a decade.

I think it was a piss take. He deleted it. 

They were still friends for a good couple of years after Viva La Bam. He was a regular on the radio show and was hilarious. The real star of that. He was more comfortable as there wasn’t MTV rules, or on tv, it was once a week and he could say whatever he wanted. He was also on Bams wedding reality show. 

They made an awful movie called Minghags, where Bam was at the height of his coke addiction. Dico was a big part of it. But sometime during the editing and release of the movie, he disappeared from the radio show. Whenever someone would ask Bam where he was, he’d just say he was at home.

Rumour is Bam fucked him out of money. I don’t believe that. I don’t think DiCamillo cared about money. I just think he was fed up of the way everyone was with the drinking and the drugs and the partying. He sounded fed up one night about them all wanting to go to a bar. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• Paid Members

Yeah I think the Viva La Bam years were tough on the CKY crew and most of them fell out with eachother. Raab Himself tells a story that he hated all of them so much that on his very last shot of Viva La Bam as soon as they called cut, he immediately got in his car and drove away and didn't see any of them for 10 years. Dunn was on some kind of medication that was misdiagnosed and he sunk into depression for a few years then death. Vito was convicted for some dodgy incident with some underage teens at an autograph signing which led him to massive depression and then he died. Rake Yohn just went straight back to being a chemist. Dicamillo is married with kids now and doesn't seem to see any of the old guys. A shame but when you're all essentially being paid to be bullied by your mate from school on telly who has completely lost his mind then you can see why they don't want to hang out anymore.

I've always been torn on Bam Margera. For every time he does something utterly mad and hilarious and I start to like him he'll do a slow motion shot of him standing in traffic with his top off while some shite HIM song plays and I'll hate him all over again.

Edited by LaGoosh

I say it every time this comes up, but if you love the Jackass movies and have never seen 2.5 and 3.5, you're essentially missing out on two of them. 3.5 might be the best of the lot, since it's hinged more on the smaller, impromptu pranks and camaraderie which has always been more of a draw than the elaborate set pieces.

The Valentine's prank is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen:

Terror Taxi is up there as well. That skit is just mental. Everything about it is perfect. 

Used to have loads of time for Bam as a teen. There's a good guy in there but I can see how he's the most disliked. Pontius, Knoxville and Dunn all seemed like great guys, though. 

I'd take that Steve-O: Demise and Rise documentary over any touring rock band's drug exploits, as well. Another mental piece of Jackass lore. Microwaving ketamine, putting in the neighbours wall. It's got it all. 

I think that's tonight's viewing sorted. Cheers, UKFF!

I'm yet another that loved the CKY videos as a teen, just watching a bunch of mates skateboarding and pissing about. Me and my brother watched jackass religiously and loved all the movies.

Knocksville was always the coolest. I mean, he's dressed as a sailor in that valentines punch video and still looks like a badass. The pastings he takes are unreal, mans hard as nails.

My eldest son is 11 and a few months ago had injured himself and was just laid on the settee feeling sorry for himself. I put Jackass 3 on to cheer him up as he'd never heard of it and he was crying laughing after a matter of minutes. I can never watch The High Five without belly laughing, particularly when that prick Bam gets absolutely levelled at 2:05

Edited by cobra_gordo

2 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

There was also this. Vallely was an incredible skateboarder as well as being the CKY bouncer.
Looked like a Zen Phil Anselmo, but if anyone got his bollocks up, he'd just start swinging:

Met him at a skate comp once, and he was the nicest guy ever, but an absolute beast of a dude.

• Paid Members
Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

The timing on the Bam one is stunning.

How Bam falls is just incredible, isn't it? Absolutely beautitul.
I was convinced by the end of Jackass 3 in the flicks, me and my mate were going to have hernias or at least a new bollock each.

This happened and it finished me off. Felt like I was being deep throated...

Another random one - from the series, I think - that's making me laugh just thinking about it is Knoxville waking up after getting knocked out by Butterbean, and immediately asking is Butterbean okay.