Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 2, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2021 Some suspected cottaging on the left-hand side, there. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 I'm trying to figure out whether this has happened in time to make the next issue of Viz. I fear it's missed by a few days, but the march issue will have something. I'm theorising Patrick, Roger or Captain Tom, which is the best "Sir ____ Moore". Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 I thought that his family said he hadn't had the vaccine because he caught pneumonia? I agree with anyone asking why his family was allowed by his bedside, yet we have countless stories of people who had to watched their loved ones die on an iPad, or not see them at all. I don't begrudge anyone the chance to see their loved ones, but it goes back to the "one rule for one..." thing that has dominated the entire COVID-19 period. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 35 minutes ago, Nexus said: I agree with anyone asking why his family was allowed by his bedside, yet we have countless stories of people who had to watched their loved ones die on an iPad, or not see them at all. I don't begrudge anyone the chance to see their loved ones, but it goes back to the "one rule for one..." thing that has dominated the entire COVID-19 period. Yeah, the Tories were never going to allow the "Captain Tom Dies Alone" headlines to happen. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 15 hours ago, PowerButchi said: I was reading somewhere, possibly another forum I frequent, that isn't Beano basically pretty much only bought by adults now anyway? Hence the surreal special guests they have like Rhodes Boyson and Bertrand Russell? Well, maybe not them, but people with about the same relevance to an 11 year old. I have a friend who's a comedian and writes for the Beano website, and I think that side of it is mostly because it's blokes like him writing it and making sure there's enough stuff in there to amuse themselves. It's mostly all online now anyway, their actual circulation figures are pretty dire - I don't know how many kids today would know who Dennis The Menace is, let alone Calamity James. I tried to read some Beano stuff recently and was put off by just how uninspired and empty the artwork seemed. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 Just found out my Nan passed away due to covid this morning. It's not quite hit yet, but to be honest - as bad as this may sound - she's suffered from dementia for the last 6/7 years and hasn't recognised me for a long time, so it was almost as though I'd lost her already. I feel for my Dad more than anything, as although I've drifted away from the family the rest of them are really close-knit. He probably spoke to her everyday when she was healthy so he's completely tore up about it. 86 though, pretty good innings. Her favourite carer in the carehome sat with her and held her hand while she passed which has really touched me. Quote
Joe Blog Posted February 3, 2021 Posted February 3, 2021 33 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Her favourite carer in the carehome sat with her and held her hand while she passed which has really touched me. Sorry for your loss mate, the above is really lovely to read though and hopefully will provide some comfort to your family. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 Sending you positive vibes Lorne. Hope your Dad bears up. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 Sorry for your loss, Lorne. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 My deepest condolences, Lorne. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 3, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted February 3, 2021 Sorry to hear that Lorne. Hope you and your dad will be okay. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted February 3, 2021 Sorry to hear about your loss, Lorne. Thoughts are with you and your family. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted February 3, 2021 Posted February 3, 2021 Sorry for your loss, Lorne. It’s comforting to know she wasn’t alone at the end. Just got a news notification about the prime minister will lead the clap for captain Tom tonight. Of course he fucking will, the opportunistic cunt. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 3, 2021 Members Posted February 3, 2021 5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Sorry for your loss, Lorne. It’s comforting to know she wasn’t alone at the end. Just got a news notification about the prime minister will lead the clap for captain Tom tonight. Of course he fucking will, the opportunistic cunt. Despite saying taking the knee was an "empty gesture". Shill. This tickled me. I like the idea of him forgetting to take a watch or phone out with him and not knowing how long a minute is and having to stay there for ages to SALUTE BRAVE TOM. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.