Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Moderators

I was reading somewhere, possibly another forum I frequent, that isn't Beano basically pretty much only bought by adults now anyway? Hence the surreal special guests they have like Rhodes Boyson and Bertrand Russell? Well, maybe not them, but people with about the same relevance to an 11 year old.

I realise this might seem out of turn and somewhat bitter and disrespectful. My girlfriend has stuck to Covid regulations and as a result, hadn’t seen her grandfather in a year. He died last week and she isn’t meant to travel to the funeral. “The nations grandfather” as I saw him described went on a jolly with his family to a place 10 hours away with scorching temperaturesand died with his family with him. They didn’t stick to the rules regarding social distancing and support bubbles and quite frankly it sends out the message that we shouldn’t bother either. 
And that’s without the very British thing of not giving a fuck about other countries. Sure, we have new strains and no effective containment but let’s send you to another country that are dealing with the pandemic as well. But they’re black so it doesn’t matter as much. 

It’s a fucking shit show. If this was an influencer going on a jolly with their family, they’d probably get nicked on their return home. 

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I realise this might seem out of turn and somewhat bitter and disrespectful. My girlfriend has stuck to Covid regulations and as a result, hadn’t seen her grandfather in a year. He died last week and she isn’t meant to travel to the funeral. “The nations grandfather” as I saw him described went on a jolly with his family to a place 10 hours away with scorching temperaturesand died with his family with him. They didn’t stick to the rules regarding social distancing and support bubbles and quite frankly it sends out the message that we shouldn’t bother either. 
And that’s without the very British thing of not giving a fuck about other countries. Sure, we have new strains and no effective containment but let’s send you to another country that are dealing with the pandemic as well. But they’re black so it doesn’t matter as much. 

It’s a fucking shit show. If this was an influencer going on a jolly with their family, they’d probably get nicked on their return home. 

But he walked up and down a garden. HE'S A HERO! I think yeah Astro, we need to bring national service back for this. 

13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

“The nations grandfather”

This annoys me. Same as when the Queen Mum was referred to as 'The nation's favourite Grandmother'. 

"What about my Nan?" I used to scream at no one in particular. At least my Nan didn't have fucking horrible baked bean teeth.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, KingofSports said:

Covid vaccine worked a fucking treat. Might as well have injected him with baked bean juice.

5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

A touching tribute here from.... KingofSports.