Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

5 confirmed cases at the Nationwide call centre near me. That mo'fo will spread quickly there. 

My wife's shop had a huge tub of hand sanitiser they were rationing off in 125ml quantities (people could bring there own bottles). Completely empty within an hour. 

We've made the decision to stock a few essentials just in case. I'd rather have it and not need it. And it will be used eventually regardless. 

It's really at the height of everyone desperately competing to be a part of it now. I know there's a fancy word for that but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Everyone has a coronavirus annecdote now and a reason why it's going to affect them more than most. Fair play if your an old black lung like Keith but people on my girlfriends social media feeds who especially desperately need to avoid it because they have young or old relatives without the acknowledging that that is actually everyone need to calm down.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It's really at the height of everyone desperately competing to be a part of it now. I know there's a fancy word for that but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Everyone has a coronavirus annecdote now and a reason why it's going to affect them more than most. Fair play if your an old black lung like Keith but people on my girlfriends social media feeds who especially desperately need to avoid it because they have young or old relatives without the acknowledging that that is actually everyone need to calm down.

When the health minister is on tv admitting we dont have enough ventilators, no one is about to calm down any time soon. 

I guess we'll see how it plays out, but while we're still sitting on a 92% recovery rate, which includes the Chinese cases dating back to when they weren't sure how to really deal with it, I'm not quite ready to go into lockdown and start prepping the sandwich board and the bell.

That 92% only factors in those who were deemed ill enough to be tested and confirmed. How many people have had it in some form, and recovered without falling ill enough for testing?

Again, the real threat from this virus is how people, and governments, are reacting. 

23 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

racist wonder showzen GIF

The thing is that this virus can be passed on very easily and people can have it without showing signs. This means open plan offices or busy supermarkets are hot beds for passing it on.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Agree.

I'm just finding it a pain. My youngest has a cough. She's always got a cough or sniffle of some sort since starting school. But didn't dare send her this morning JUST IN CASE~! She's at home running round like a lunatic.

I feel shit today. Got no virus symptoms, just feel run down, but spent half an hour deliberating whether to come in to work or not JUST IN CASE~!

• Paid Members

Foolishly went to Morrisons yesterday morning to do some shopping. 45 minute queues snaking up the aisle with people stacking their trolley with toilet paper, only to get to the till and be told its a limit of 2 packs per person then kicking off and leaving their stuff and storming out. Saw it happen 3 times in the space of 10 minutes. The people not bulk buying just breezed through the self service section. What i'm trying to say is I hate people.

4 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Just occured to me that this could be great for Disney. Disney+ comes out in eight days and there'll be more people with more time on their hands.

Those bastards. I knew something was fishy when the outbreak started in a town called Mulan. They've got to be stopped.

• Paid Members

You ever see that scene in Batman (1989) when the Joker fiddles about with the formula to the City's hygiene products, and the news comes on and everyone looks like shit because nobody wants to risk putting a bit of Lynx on. I'm half expecting something like that when I put the news on when I wake up.

"He dont look happy, he's been told to put the toilet roll back"

hqdefault.jpg