Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Ah rats cocks. It’s 12 weeks of shitposting on the UKFF for Kool Keith*. Flu jab and serious underlying conditions mean it’s house arrest. 

(* I’m sure you’ll notice a huge difference)

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah rats cocks. It’s 12 weeks of shitposting on the UKFF for Kool Keith*. Flu jab and serious underlying conditions mean it’s house arrest. 

(* I’m sure you’ll notice a huge difference)

Naaaa wait until it happens to me. Then people will be wishing the forum crashed for weeks again

However, sorry to hear that. My mate has type 1 and been told the same. He’s devastated 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

My other half is supposed to be having a scan on Sunday in hospital (Neurology), but is a particularly high risk. She spoke to them earlier and explained and they said to still go up. My mum's pub is probably going to go under now. Thanks, government, Heck I'm even concerned for my job as business is right down. Just have to wait and see. Can't afford 2 weeks of sick pay unless we end up getting all our blls etc suspended for the duration. Can't see that happening with this shower of bastards running the country though,

• Paid Members

My wife has just had an email from her boss saying that the office will not be permitted to work from home despite tonight’s announcement. She’s not bothered but I wonder where people stand if this is happening elsewhere across the country? I suppose you have to do what your boss says?

It seems so, yes. Given this:

Asked what people should do if their jobs do not allow them to work from home, Health Secretary Matt Hancock gives this advice:

"If you are healthy and not being asked to isolate because someone in your household has symptoms then of course you should still go to work.

"It is important that this country keeps moving as much as we possibly can, within the limits of the advice we have been given."

Edited by Uncle Zeb
Was going to elaborate after the quote, but seems we can't do that when using manual quote tags or it fucks up the formatting like before, even on desktop.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

It seems so, yes. Given this:

This is what is making me worried to ask for the 12 weeks unpaid. I’m not sick per say. I have been hospitalised a few times In the last 5 years with asthma and been forced to take steroids most years due to attacks. 

Am i fit to work probably will I get super fucked over if I get this.... o yeah

If they put up resistance, ask them what they'd do if, hypothetically, they had a member of staff in their seventies. I suspect their instinct would be to send them home, but all the advice they've heard about old people has been because they're a high-risk group, just like the one you're in - so in theory the same should apply.

It's got proper serious today, hasn't it.  We're looking at either locking down the country for 18 months, or 500,000 deaths, or possibly both.