Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

9 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Put in an Amazon Prime Now order. Normally 2 hours, but the next slot for us is Monday morning.

That's why I'm having to do a food run for my mate who is quarantined. He normally puts in an order from Asda on a Saturday or Sunday for Monday evening. He can't get anything delivered until Wednesday.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Most cereals (apart from the healthier options, god bless this country) also sold out. 

You mean they'd run out of Rustic Sawdust Flakes but not proper, fortified with vitamins and iron cereals like Coco Pops?

• Paid Members
Just now, scratchdj said:

Do you mind me asking who told you stay at home? My wife is immunosuppressed and as schools aren’t closed is still going to work. The government advice seems to stop at “people over 70 or with pre-existing medical conditions” but would ideally like something more concrete that will allow her to stay home without an argument.

Thank you, and hope you’re managing as well as possible.

My consultant and infusion nurses.

30 minutes ago, DCW said:

They've closed the pubs here til the end of March at least, which is good. They reckon it'll cost 16,000 jobs though. They can thank these cunts in Temple Bar last night for it.

I am fairly sure that I saw that video doing the rounds weeks ago. I can't say anything though myself and friends put this on the jukebox yesterday afternoon in the pub.

• Members
28 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I haven’t been bulk buying toilet roll, and now I’m close to running out and my only hope of getting some is the little Tesco near my office having stock in the morning.

I couldn't get any anywhere on Friday but luckily I spent last night in a Holiday Inn and came home with enough to see me through the week. I reckon the drains are going to take a right pounding from people using baby wipes and kitchen rolls and tea towels come April.