Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, simonworden said:

So pasta is out of stock in some places. How about rice or is that too "foreign" for the panic buyers? 

Here we have a bum gun so toilet paper is usually in surplus.

That's unusual, where do you live?

I found out that one of my friends and his wife have been told to self quarantine after contacting 111. He contacted me this afternoon asking to do a food shop for him tomorrow, but I need to get his card for the cash and carry off him first. I'm not saying that he isn't taking it seriously, but his shopping list does include a one and a half litre bottle of Jack Daniels.

Edited by Rey_Piste
Me no grammar good.

Our Residents Association is organising us all to give assistance to our elderly neighbours when it gets to the isolation phase.  So I’ve got a feeling I’m going to be carting a lot of cat food and scented drawer liners back from town in a few weeks.

In all seriousness though it’s a good idea, although the downside will be that all the old people in the road now have my mobile number.

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

Our Residents Association

On 3/8/2020 at 4:05 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Just when I thought not calling this the Coronavirus thread was as middle class this could get. 

In lungwatch, I’m still sore and breathing like a boydy on a train. Still, a visit to my girlfriends heavy smoking parents for a couple of days will help. 

Went to a well stocked Aldi this morning which was rammed with people not using the bastard packing shelf which meant my normal stress free shop became stressful.

The wife tried justifying why she wants hand gel despite never normally buying it. Oh, and she disinfected the door handles in the house. I'm not saying that this whole thing isn't going to be serious but the overreaction is doing my head in.

This whole thing is a marathon, not a sprint. 

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They don’t when I’m there out of consideration which is nice, but it’s their house and it’s just them living there. 

Reminds me of my Dad when I was younger and smoking in the car, but opening the window "so it all blows away"

Stay clean lunged Keith

• Paid Members

I've been told I have to stay at home unless absolutely necessary (MS and immunosuppressant therapy ftw) but in light of the last couple of weeks my mental health is in a total state, so the dog and I went to the local independant coffee shop for lunch today. You usually can't get a table even though it's massive and on a Sunday, to see it almost empty was pretty surreal. It felt like the little band they had were playing just for us.

Doggo for tax.

89652881_10156835537217115_3868781767141883904_n.jpg

Edited by Kookoocachu
doggo tax