Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

18 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Apparently?

Because, unless you’re about to post a candid walkthrough of all of the assumptions behind your computational or mathematical model, your honesty isn’t particularly relevant.

If I add “to be honest” to the statement “Mutya would have been Leonardo da Vinci’s favourite Sugababe”, I don’t expect it to gain any extra credibility because, really, how the fuck would I know?

30 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Has anybody here actually got it? I'm assuming not because we're wrestling fans and nobody should want to go near us anyway.

I've had a dodgy throat the last few days but no other symptoms but I'm playing it safe and going even less places than usual. My daughter's not helping by going through another 'pretending to cough' phase.

Woke up with a slight sore throat yesterday and it's now pretty sore today. No other symptoms. Friend of mine works for the ambulance service here and says they have a waiting list of 100+ people with symptoms looking to be tested, but they are prioritising the elderly (rightly) so could be waiting days until the advanced paramedic cars doing home testing get round to them. Said there's not much point ringing in unless fever or cough shows up alongside throat.

Also says the amount of idiots ringing 999 cos they sneezed etc is crippling their response to emergency calls like cardiac arrest, stroke etc.

I switched careers last month, moving from working in events to now working as a video producer for an American games company and bloody hell what perfect timing that was to getting out.

Every event we'd been working on for the next six months has been cancelled, and I can't see a way that doesn't lead to redundancies as the company had been on the tightest of margins to begin with

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’ve had what feels like a cold for about a fortnight but only have a slightly raised temperature so no testing for me. My lung is starting to hurt though so will have to keep an eye on that. Self isolation shouldn’t be an issue should I need to. I probably should start just to be on the safe side. 

Take it easy Keith, can't have you not getting to 12,000. I've found a full version of the 87 Cup Final to keep you happy if you need it.

25 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Reckon the next few funerals that church will do will be via Skype.

Streamed funerals could be the future. FootyBite.com could become CoronaBite.com

19 minutes ago, Little Johnny said:

Because, unless you’re about to post a candid walkthrough of all of the assumptions behind your computational or mathematical model, your honesty isn’t particularly relevant.

If I add “to be honest” to the statement “Mutya would have been Leonardo da Vinci’s favourite Sugababe”, I don’t expect it to gain any extra credibility because, really, how the fuck would I know?

Good on you Johnny, so long as pedantry such as yours continues we haven't truly descended into end times.

24 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I've found a full version of the 87 Cup Final to keep you happy if you need it.

Cheers bud, I’ve still got the VHS of it that I recorded off the telly. I’ve also another of the build up that seemed to start at half eight with “Breakfast with the teams”. 

Proper cup final build up. Not the shitty metrosexual hour you get these days. 

• Moderators

My mum went to Bognor Tesco earlier and it was fucking wild. Empty shelves and actual rationing; staff pulling items out of trollies, with limits like 5 of all tins per trolley, be that soup, tuna or dog food. No chance of getting your weekly shop there, especially not a family-sized one. Christ knows what it's like for the elderly, and food banks are absolutely crucial round here, so it's hard to see how they're getting donations when people can't even get enough for a normal few days let alone doomsday prep. That said, this is an area with a massive population of mad old racists and Sun-reading dunces, so this may not be the case everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

That said, this is an area with a massive population of mad old racists and Sun-reading dunces, so this may not be the case everywhere.

This is why panic buying doesn’t surprise me. Not meaning to derail into another Tories Are Cunts thread but we have a population that voted for a Tory government so of course they aren’t going to give a shit about anyone else. 

• Paid Members

Proper old people went through rationing, strikes and shortages. They already have UHT milk, tinned soup, tea, sugar and washing powder by the crate load in the back of the pantry (or under the stairs). These old people we have today are fucking amateurs. They don't have a clue what it was like for the proper old generation. Bet they don't even know how to get a washing machine home in an old pram.