Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Just to put everybody's minds at ease, reports are suggesting Liverpool will still be crowned champions in the event of the season ending early.

Work have finally come up with a plan for us posties. We knock the door, put the parcel down walk two meters back then sign on behalf of the customer as CV19. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

92% of cases are considered "mild condition" while 8% are considered "serious."

93% of people who have had this thing have fully recovered. 

People need to calm the fuck down.

I agree with you about the media whipping it up into a frenzy

However run that 93 percent past the 66 million in the uk.  

• Moderators

My girlfriends mum _thinks_ she has/had coronavirus as she did had a fever with some lung issues, may have been exposed from some traveling for work. They wouldn't test her because she wasn't "high risk". Problem will be if it truly is corona and spreads to my gf's father, his lungs are fucked at the best of times, this will knock him off for sure.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Just to put everybody's minds at ease, reports are suggesting Liverpool will still be crowned champions in the event of the season ending early.

Work have finally come up with a plan for us posties. We knock the door, put the parcel down walk two meters back then sign on behalf of the customer as CV19. 

Are these TildeScoopz or have you seen them from credible places? Not to derail, but if that happens then there will be a lot of lawsuits going on.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I may sound a little heartless, but this pandemic mostly effects the older generations and they're one who voted for Brexit and the Tories so fuck 'em.

Well edgy mate. Take this shit to whatever other dreadful forums you frequent.

40 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Are these TildeScoopz or have you seen them from credible places? Not to derail, but if that happens then there will be a lot of lawsuits going on.

The Telegraph via Fox Sports so 100% nailed on. Plus the Brighton chairman backs us. If its any consolation it also spoke of keeping the Champions League place holders from last season in the next competition along with the current place holders and having an extended qualification. No relegations this year just a bigger league bext year with Leeds and WBA going up. 

Obviously it's not nailed on but did sound viable. Probably best keeping for the footy thread though.

The other half's workplace has officially sent everyone to work from home for two weeks. Mine have only gone so far as to circulate 'Coronavirus awareness' forms. A whole load of specially purchased hand sanitizers have already been robbed from the various changing rooms by god knows who.

Coronavirus is the current gallows humour joke du jour. Any cough, sniffle, ache or pain? Corona. Stood up too quick and got dizzy? Corona. Bad traffic? Kaspersky jamming up your PC? Pigeon with a limp? Corona.

Myself, I had a weird few days last week where I was searingly hot, but no other possible symptoms apart from general lethargy which I've written off as seasonal/professional malaise.

We've had no problems with the shops as yet. We've stuck to our usual volumes, and our local Sainsburys only appears to be out of random stuff not the essential bulk buy bits. I've seen plenty of people with trolleys stacked with tons of kitchen roll and bread though.

So at the mo I'm pretty much unaffected, but I've had no contact yet with the effects of the virus personally or professionally. I'm thankful to have a systems job close to home that means I'll still be able to do a version of my job if isolation becomes official. I just worry that isolation and its wider effects will do the real damage. 

On another note, I did see a tip the other day that appears to make sense, recommending buying vouchers for shops and businesses to redeem later. It's touted as a way of ensuring some money keeps flowing to those smaller businesses likely to be worse hit,and it definitely makes sense in my non-economics-savvy mind.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

On another note, I did see a tip the other day that appears to make sense, recommending buying vouchers for shops and businesses to redeem later. It's touted as a way of ensuring some money keeps flowing to those smaller businesses likely to be worse hit,and it definitely makes sense in my non-economics-savvy mind.

I mean that’s great in theory. But if the business goes under your voucher is worthless

5 hours ago, David said:

Next thing you'll be wanting anyone who coughs rounded up and driven away to an undisclosed fucking location.

This has been my manifesto for years.

Though specifically, anyone who makes no polite effort to suppress their cough or steer it away from others. It shouldn't take a deadly virus going round for people to find some manners and self discipline.

There'll have to be some sort of state aid fund set up for businesses forced to close. France has ordered cafes and restaurants to shut in Paris indefinitely, no way the majority can survive a few days of closure.

They are on the verge of shutting the pubs here in Dublin, because greedy pub owners are taking the piss and not even attempting to implement social distancing or restrict numbers on their premises. The health minister tweeted in disgust at a video of a jammed pub in Temple Bar having a sing song of 'Sweet Caroline' with the crowd touching each others hands at the 'touching you' bit of the song. I'll be stocking up on a slab of Guinness tomorrow for definite!