Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just when I thought not calling this the Coronavirus thread was as middle class this could get. 

Do you not have a Resident's Association, or a Neighbourhood Watch?  Where do you live, Mordor?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is there a corner shop or costcutter type shop near you? They seemed to be stocked up. And your local Asian supermarket have stuff like bags of rice that double as mattresses for thruppence. 

Yeah, our local corner shop had everything stocked up nicely when I went in for some Awesome Oinks yesterday.

Not so many Awesome Oinks now though.

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

I haven’t been bulk buying toilet roll, and now I’m close to running out and my only hope of getting some is the little Tesco near my office having stock in the morning.

I haven't got any either and as my phone has decided to die, I'm gonna take a little trip to Tesco in the morning to get a cheap one for a bit. I reckon at that time (kids at school, people at work) it should be OK, but we'll see.

• Moderators

Lock down in a fortnight is likely for my money.

The owner of my work place said we can use holidays for 2020 instead of ssp if worst comes to worst and pubs are closed. 

Not sure if that's a cheers or he can go fuck. 

10 hours ago, Duke said:

That's unusual, where do you live?

I'm in Vietnam Duke so the staple foods are a little different, pasta is easy to come by. It's been instant noodles that people are buying by the palette load here. We are in quarantine as I mentioned due to visiting Bali and returning on Friday and not being informed of this policy at all (in place for at least 3 weeks!). We managed to do an online shop and stock up enough to see us through most of it so should be ok. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Lock down in a fortnight is likely for my money.

The owner of my work place said we can use holidays for 2020 instead of ssp if worst comes to worst and pubs are closed. 

Not sure if that's a cheers or he can go fuck. 

Yeah, it’s more of an eye rolling ‘cheers mate’. 
I’m a bit concerned about pay. My wage comes from a grant/funding pot for the charity I work for. So I’m not technically a permanent member of staff, I’m not self employed and I’m still in probation period (first 6 months), which basically results to no sick pay.

I’ve got a feeling I’m a bit fucked.