Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

I don't think they can claim losses via insurance anyway. Wouldn't the insurance companies argue this as an act of God, or something similar? 

If they can't, I don't see them paying out for every small business forced to close. How long before the insurance companies run out of funds?

Well, I suppose that depends on whether they agree to Bransons bail out plea or not. If they do front billions, but don’t help out small business, then it’s difficult to sugar coat David.

You’re correct, it’s unprecedented, however, New Zealand are taking steps to at least ‘try’ and support smaller businesses to keep them afloat. That’s the difference.

• Paid Members

There is no point arguing with you David, not just about this, really about anything. I may be stupid, but I at least have the capacity to know that a lot if the time I am wrong about things. It is patently clear that you are never afflicted by such doubts. Your condescending, all knowing schtick has become frankly boring and it's time for you to go on the block list along with scorch. I'm going to be at home for the next 12 weeks, corona or not because my business involves going to lots of different places and touching people's hands and face, not what's needed at this time at all. Will I have a business to go back too, possibly not. Have I got enough money to see me through this time, possibly just about. Do I need your opinion during any of this, definitely not. 

Bye David. 

35 minutes ago, David said:

The government's place is to advise the public on what to do for the most part.

Their job is to govern. Any fucker can advise. You don't have to be in government to do that. People didn't vote for the Tories because it was the only way to hear Boris Johnson's advice, they voted for him and his party to run the country.

And to be fair, insurance companies can't be expected to pay out for everything. Not after donating millions to the Conservative Party. Be reasonable.

38 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Well, I suppose that depends on whether they agree to Bransons bail out plea or not. If they do front billions, but don’t help out small business, then it’s difficult to sugar coat David.

You’re correct, it’s unprecedented, however, New Zealand are taking steps to at least ‘try’ and support smaller businesses to keep them afloat. That’s the difference.

Oh, absolutely. I'm all for the government providing some sort of help for small businesses affected by all of this. I was primarily taking aim at insurance companies, who are a nightmare to get anything from at the best of times. I don't see much success coming from that route.

I would hope the government in the UK goes down the path of helping people and small businesses yet. There's still time, but if they don't they'll be deserving of every criticism, that's for sure.

• Paid Members

The closing of internal EU borders is going to play hell with supply chains. Namely food & pharma, lots of meetings happening at work today. Things are pretty crazy right now with people raiding the supermarkets, it'll get interesting should the replenishment deliveries dry up.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

The closing of internal EU borders is going to play hell with supply chains. Namely food & pharma,

We'll be back on the braun and tripe before we know it. Apart from Loki who'll propbly be trying to grow avacados in his orangery.