Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

So Wales has an 11pm pub curfew. Pubs tend to close 11pm anyway out of the cities 

Point? 

Stop the cities being open until 3am.

I just hope this means Hereford doesn't have as much in the way of the valleys coming into town on a Saturday and going home on the Sunday as most our places are open later and cheaper than Cardiff. Town has been hell since July for people being smashed at 6pm or kicking off in pubs and getting the last train back or first one next morning. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Thesz said:

I have been drinking the last few nights so maybe my perspective is off but is anyone else now a bit frightened?

Haven't felt that way before.

Not frightened, more angry that people don’t seem to comprehend that it’s their actions that’s causing us to be so far behind everyone else. Watching the G1 matches at the weekend and when they showed a wide shot of the venue, I was actually annoyed that Japan have managed to get a point where they’ve got a few thousand people in a place (and fair play to them for doing so), yet we’re stuck on 6, not six thousand, 6 people.

I popped to my local Sainsbury’s on the way home, they’ve cleared out the toilet roll aisle like it’s March all over again, people haven’t fucking learned anything in the last few months. Where I work we have a designated place with hand sanitiser. When we reopened virtually every customer was using it. Now, the amount of people who have just stopped sanitising their hands, and seemingly act like having to do so is some form of punishment, is absolutely alarming. 

They’re saying that these new measures could be in place for 6 months, and the public have  no-one to blame but themselves.

Then you’ve got people like my sister in law, who at the start wouldn’t go out of the house without a mask and 2 pairs of gloves on, has done a total 180 and thinks that it’s a government agenda to “get more power”. Yesterday she acknowledges “there might be a virus, be it’s not as deadly as we’re being lead to believe”. 900,000 people dead, that’s like turning on the news and having Huw Edwards say “tonight’s headlines - Montenegro and Iceland are dead”

As many have said, how conflicted are the freedom folk going to be with poppy masks? I can forgive people for voting for Johnson and his crowd of slime if they realise they made a mistake but there are plenty who would vote for them again if there was another election next month. The stupid fucking cunts. 

It feels like they've just kicked the harder decisions down the road because they're too scared to make them now. 

Did have an interesting meeting today where 5 senior managers working from home took pains to explain that everyone else still has to go to work as we're a frontine service. 

Then again about 2 weeks ago they were planning on brining back groups to increase visitor numbers because no one could have possibly predicted the numbers would go back up.

Its also interesting the amount of customers who seem to develop asthma over night. Literally one day they wear a mask and then the next they're exempt. 

This country's thick as shit. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

I have been drinking the last few nights so maybe my perspective is off but is anyone else now a bit frightened?

Not so much fear, but dismay and/or dispair.

We have a big picture of Blackpool in our bathroom, and with young Digby loving the tram museum he's seen loads of footage of Blackpool either there or on YouTube. He wants to go, I want to go, but we can't, and when we finally can, just how different is it going to be?

The company that's taken us over are still being horrifically uncommunicative over their plans for us, and I can't shake the feeling that their plans don't actually include us. Redundancy and unemployment is grim at the best of times, but the thought of trying to find a new job in this climate fills me with dread.

It's everything, basically. New normal, life changing, unprecedented times, bollocks.  With all this, and America tearing itself apart (and it's also on fire, which seems to be getting overlooked), it's like the end of civilization is coming, and in a far shitter way than we ever imagined.