Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

I'd love to think there's a government department going through the big book of celebrities giving them a quick ring to ask "Any idea where to start with a vaccine for this Covid thing?"

"Sir, Ross Kemp on line 2, says he's already developed one in his shed"

"Just hang up, Dave"

Something that concerned me yesterday was the surfacing of the "we may just have to live with this forever" and "we may never actually get a working vaccine" chat. 

I'm not saying that either are unrealistic (sadly), however the tone up until yesterday seemed very matter of fact about this all being solved once a vaccine arrived.

I wonder and worry what's changed.

• Moderators

I think it was more to reinforce the notion that we can't just hide at home until there's a vaccine. There's a lot of resistance to any kind of softening of the measures and they are trying to get across that it has to be done because we can't stay in lockdown indefinitely.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I felt it was more a reassertion of that so that everyone doesn't get carried away and set fire to Bill Gates if it never happens.

I wonder how many of those who believe that Bill Gates wants to carry out a massive worldwide population cull through using vaccines as a proxy, (still) use Windows either at home or at work?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PJ Power said:

I wonder how many of those who believe that Bill Gates wants to carry out a massive worldwide population cull through using vaccines as a proxy, (still) use Windows either at home or at work?

Probably a similar number to those posting on their iPhones about boycotting products manufactured in China.