CM Punk returning to WWE?

Supremo

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It says “From” not “On” for Roger Ebert like it does for Rotten Tomatoes so it does give the impression that it’s from a person called Roger Ebert and is bet weirdo Dave doesn’t know who that is and doesn’t know he’s dead. 

Yeah, that's typical Dave. When Luke Perry passed away (Jungle Boy's Dad) he opened his show by saying, “Luke Perry was a big wrestling fan but most people probably know him as an actor” as if Dave only knew him as a wrestling fan.

Edited by Accident Prone

Watched his movie last night. Considering it basically consisted of him in a house all the way through I thought he did quite well. The only thing that was a tad confusing was why he was renovating a property dressed like he was going to Sunday lunch at his nans. But yeah, he's certainly not the worst wrestler to give the acting game a try.

• Paid Members

The Luke Perry thing reminds me, WWE hired a 60-odd year old writer from 90210 back about 10 years ago. They interviewed him on the Observer site, and he didnt know much about wrestling. He seemed very confused when Vince told him he had to drive 100 miles to the next town after RAW. This poor old bloke who had writing credits for decades and he's having to drive Arn Anderson around.

It says “From” not “On” for Roger Ebert like it does for Rotten Tomatoes so it does give the impression that it’s from a person called Roger Ebert and is bet weirdo Dave doesn’t know who that is and doesn’t know he’s dead. 

To be fair to Weird Dave, on websites etc. it will be '4 stars' Roger Ebert. So its a bit of a weird one all round seeing as he's two thumbs down at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

So, he's back (but not really). There's a full video of his first segment/interview with Renee from this week's Backstage which is pretty interesting all told, although I wouldn't say it provided any grand revelations. He's clearly had at least a bit of time to catch up, though, as he's already firmly on the 'Seth Rollins needs to stop tweeting' bandwagon.

Think it'll be fascinating to see him going forward. I don't think anything he says points to a close return, but I'm sure some people will be taking what he said that way anyway.

I didn't watch his return live, but I caught up a few days later. It just felt so...modern day WWE?

Here's the biggest free agent, that people still discuss with a huge passion to this day, you've swiped him away from your biggest rivals and have a huge platform to re-introduce him to what would almost certainly be a huge reaction and get you even a little bit of buzz.

So they do so by having him walk out, in his track jacket and jeans through a perfectly regular normal door, with no audience or fanfare except Paige questioning "IS THIS A RIB??!" on your backstage show that nobody watches, at 11pm at night.

I can't be arsed for his eventual transition back into the ring. I can't be arsed that after one week they've already started building to a "worked-shoot bullshit" feud with Cunt Rollins, I can't be arsed for the inevitable "THIS IS TYLER BLACK TALKING TO PHIL BROOKS" and I can't be arsed for someone namedropping his UFC tenure to a mild pop.

For fucks sakes.

• Paid Members

It was the anticlimax to end all anticlimaxes to see his big return amount to strolling into a mostly empty studio, to practical silence, looking scrawny as fuck. Even if they do build bridges and he does eventually come back to proper TV it’ll have nowhere near the impact now.

However, if he’s truly got no plans to return to the ring then whoever is number thirty at the Royal Rumble is absolutely fucked.

9 minutes ago, Pinc said:

This is a trivial technicality that in no way makes up for his return being so anticlimactic.

No it isnt. Hes a retired wrestler that hasn't been involved for 6 years employed by a different company to talk about a tv show for 15 minutes once or twice a month. If he doesn't want to wrestle or work for wwe then why should he trot himself out for no reason in an arena to appease disgruntled tubsters?

Also. There hasn't been a return because this is the first time hes worked for fox as far as I'm aware. 

Edited by Yakashi