CM Punk returning to WWE?

Supremo

37 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

Yeah I think Punk's goal was always to go back to WWE, Thinking about it now.

It’s pretty obvious that his goal was never to come back and that times have just changed. Do you actually think when he walked away and did the podcast it was all part of his plan to come back a couple of years later? 

Punk had always said he didn’t plan to wrestle after 40 anyway. If he is coming back it’s because the wrestling landscape is very different to how it was when he left

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It’s pretty obvious that his goal was never to come back and that times have just changed. Do you actually think when he walked away and did the podcast it was all part of his plan to come back a couple of years later? 

Punk had always said he didn’t plan to wrestle after 40 anyway. If he is coming back it’s because the wrestling landscape is very different to how it was when he left

In my particular case, I said I didn't think he was "completely" done, and I stand by that. I always thought it was a possibility. As I said, he was quite vocal about the part-timers, and there was a point when he quit when I thought "I wonder if he's thinking 'Well, if this is how they do things, then I might as well play the same game'." Especially as he seemed to feel particularly hard done-by as regards the 'Mania main event and the overall booking of him.

I wouldn't blame him, either - if I were in the same position and were as confident in my ability and brand, I'd probably go the same route (if that's what he's done).

• Paid Members
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

None of us know what he was actually thinking so let's not all pretend to be fucking mindreaders or Punk's best mate. We're all just assuming based on what we've heard or read.

Just in case that was aimed at me, pretty sure that wasn't what I was doing.

Punk was clearly nackered and demoralised by 2014 - you can tell that just by his look at the time.

Will Punk come back? Yeah probably. I think he’s trying a few other avenues to make a mint first but inevitably he isn’t a fighter, he isn’t a Hollywood actor - he is a wrestler. He will only be able to make a mint as a wrestler, so he’ll be back. His anti corporate narrative is really based on a falsehood given he has built a career essentially by attracting an audience for advertisers/directly making money for corporate machines.

34 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

None of us know what he was actually thinking so let's not all pretend to be fucking mindreaders or Punk's best mate. We're all just assuming based on what we've heard or read.

To be fair, some of us have been called the CM Punk of Bromsgrove. By ourselves, but still, we probably know how his mind works.

• Paid Members

Can we put a ban on that gif? I feel like I've seen it 20 times in the past week, it's starting to feel like twitter. If you can't think of some funny or interesting words to say, or at least have something that hasn't been posted a million times before, how about not bothering to post? It's not a requirement. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Can we put a ban on that gif? I feel like I've seen it 20 times in the past week, it's starting to feel like twitter. If you can't think of some funny or interesting words to say, or at least have something that hasn't been posted a million times before, how about not bothering to post? It's not a requirement. 

Sure, I’ll make sure I’ll just use random gifs now because you say so boss. Maybe some Taylor Swift or some Clint Eastwood ones aye?

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Sure, I’ll make sure I’ll just use random gifs now because you say so boss. Maybe some Taylor Swift or some Clint Eastwood ones aye?

If you can find post of me doing that I'll be very surprised. I'll even post a gif of that cunt raising his eyebrows and shaking his head. 

It not like you were trying to do anything noble or fun with it either, you were trying to have a go at someone!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

If you can find post of me doing that I'll be very surprised. I'll even post a gif of that cunt raising his eyebrows and shaking his head. 

It not like you were trying to do anything noble or fun with it either, you were trying to have a go at someone!

I was making reference to some very overused gifs on this forum in general. I don’t personally keep tabs on who posts what but it wasn’t accusing you of anything. 

Also, how is rolling your eyes at a comment having a go? It’s expressing a reaction caused by a viewpoint that’s controversial or misguided in my eyes.