CM Punk returning to WWE?

Supremo

I thought he did a solid job.Ā  The only time's he ripped on the product was over the Corbin sectionĀ  with some dude in a dog costume and a little dig at the change in colour of Bray's title belt.Ā  Both perfectly deserved.Ā  The Promo at the endĀ was decent and showed how lacking the product currently is for decent people on the Mic.Ā  Him no selling Booker at the end and what appeared to be a genuine laugh from both guys was good fun and shows that he was feeling way more relaxed by the end of it.Ā  more of the same please.

15 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

So they do so by having him walk out, in his track jacket and jeans through a perfectly regular normal door, with no audience or fanfare except Paige questioning "IS THIS A RIB??!" on your backstage show that nobody watches, at 11pm at night.

Surprisingly I think this show has done decent numbers so far (before Punk arrived) and perhaps that's the idea, have Punk on there to maintain and improve on ratings?Ā 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Surprisingly I think this show has done decent numbers so far (before Punk arrived)

it did 49,000 viewers for the debut and 100,000 for the show Punk appeared at the end of so nothing special. 180,000 for this week. Spectacular growth but a low bar.

• Paid Members

Considering he's employed by Fox and not WWE, and the fact that he seemingly still isn't on good terms with Vince and Co, he was never gonna get trotted out on the big stage for his return.Ā 

I quite like how this is going. Seems like Fox want him on board regardless, so he can get away with semi shitting on the product whilst doing enough to get everyone clamouring for another match... He'll no doubt get a sweet part time contract through Vince and Hunters gritted teeth soon enough.Ā 

He must be loving it all. Kinda feels like the ball is completely in his court... Its a mad shift considering everything that's gone on.Ā 

Edited by Silky Kisser

22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

it did 49,000 viewers for the debut and 100,000 for the show Punk appeared at the end of so nothing special. 180,000 for this week. Spectacular growth but a low bar.

I remember reading that for that very low Smackdown rating a few weeks ago on FS1 that half of the viewers watched the backstage show (426,000) which I was surprised at, maybe that's where I had theĀ idea that the ratings were decent for a backstage show.Ā 

Also I know WWE love the social media views but think Punks interview did well over a million views on the YouTube channel. Whether Fox would be pleased with that I don't know.Ā Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching clips of Punk's WWE Backstage appearances thus far and he seems like he's relaxed and really enjoying the role.Ā 

Good for him! If he gets to be around wrestling and contribute in some ways, while not destroying his already-knackered body and becomming bitter with management and politics, then fair play.Ā 

I'd still like one more match, a big WrestleMania gimmick match of some sort, so that his last in-ring memory isn't feeling like shit during the Rumble.Ā 

Ā