CM Punk returning to WWE?

Supremo

11 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Vince has done alright for himself?

Khan is a total mark, I can’t imagine him having an ego that would get in the way of having someone like Punk on board 

The more I hear about this from Meltzer, the more I feel like Punk has signed for AEW. It sounds like he’s being fed misinformation by someone, I just can’t imagine that AEW feeling ‘disrespected’ is even slightly true. 

Probably geeing myself up to be disappointed though!

Can't wrap my head around this story if it's true. There's definitely a dignified way Punk could return to the WWE - them begging him to return and getting a sweet Lesnar schedule might still happen, but auditioning to be the next Todd fucking Grisham? Much less dignified.

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

The more I hear about this from Meltzer, the more I feel like Punk has signed for AEW. It sounds like he’s being fed misinformation by someone, I just can’t imagine that AEW feeling ‘disrespected’ is even slightly true. 

Probably geeing myself up to be disappointed though!

The timing of it is pretty peculiar. WWE might be willing to put everything behind them just to stop AEW getting him. Or this is a direct attempt to make his AEW debut a surprise, which is pointless because most fans stopped thinking it would happen when he didn’t appear at All Out. Or Punk has no intention of doing the Fox gig and is pushing up his asking price for AEW. 

I had finally come to terms with him never returning, and now this happens. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

48 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Can't wrap my head around this story if it's true. There's definitely a dignified way Punk could return to the WWE - them begging him to return and getting a sweet Lesnar schedule might still happen, but auditioning to be the next Todd fucking Grisham? Much less dignified.

It's not dignified for him to audition for a role that he's unproven in for a new network that hasn't really worked with him? Right.

22 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

I like that him accepting a job with someone who sued him and his wife, is very dignified, but auditioning for a network that's not even WWE, for a role that he'd be good at isn't. 

Is Booker T also part of this show? That’s the bit that gets me. It suggests that Fox had him read for this and this was enough to make them think: ‘yup, he’s our guy!’ 

I mean...surely not?

2 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

He should kill himself for a fiver and a kebab.

Totally what I meant by "sweet Lesnar schedule", you total genius.

The whole "he wouldn't even be a WWE employee" thing is irrelevant - he'd still be shilling their shit after years of telling us how evil and shit they are. Former best mate Colt Cabana was dragged in the middle of all this and taken to court only for him to backtrack on a whim. He'd have no credibility to me by getting a role telling us to tune in next Friday, a role where the second choice would have been somebody like Byron Saxton.

10 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

The whole "he wouldn't even be a WWE employee" thing is irrelevant - he'd still be shilling their shit after years of telling us how evil and shit they are.

None of that matters a jot in the real world though, does it? Plenty of people work for companies that they would likely describe as "evil and shit," but at the end of the day it's how you earn your living.

The guy is in his 40's now, isn't he? And he took a hell of a battering physically trying to chase his MMA dream, so you couldn't blame him for taking good coin to sit behind a desk and bump his gums rather than hurl himself around a wrestling ring.

There was talk of him maybe doing commentary or some sort of similar role in MMA not that long ago so it's maybe something he's had in mind for a while.