Where's Rodney?

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I had a bit of an IMDB dive on My Family this morning and discovered that Kevin Bishop, who played the daughter's love interest for a few episodes, also starred as Jim Hawkins in Muppet Treasure Island. That has blown my mind considering MTI is my favourite Muppet movie.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The first Neil Morrissey series was on ITV.

Thanks for the correction. I was only 11 ish I think at the time. I know I watched the first series, but didn't watch it again since the move to BBC 1. I wonder why they dropped it and let it move over? 

"EDIT" Just saw it was due to the Thames franchise losing out to Carlton for ITV Weekdays and they moved production. I knew there was a US Version as well, but didn't realize a pre Breaking Bad Anna Gunn was the love interest in the first episode

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

I remember 'Oh Dr Beeching' having a great theme tune. Look at Blakey gurning it up on that promo pic, class.  

Oh Dr Beeching

It was like the final throes of a trilogy headed up by Hi-De-Hi, and followed by You Rang M'Lord. 

Is American Men Behaving Badly as bad as the American line for line remake of Coupling?

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Just rewatched first episode of Game On. First 10 minutes: Upon learning who Mandy’s going on a date with, Matt remarks “But Mandy, he’s black” 😬

I don't know what it says about me, but the bluntness of the line coupled with that emoticon just had me giggling for a good few minutes.

I remember a scene from Birds of a Feather where Sharon was lying down on the floor, trying to put some jeans on. And one where Dorian kept saying the word “tryst.”

I don’t remember anything about Kiss Me Kate other than the lead was Caroline Quentin, the middle-class Pauline Quirke... and it was set in an office (was she a psychiatrist?) and I really, really fancied Amanda Holden in it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It was like the final throes of a trilogy headed up by Hi-De-Hi, and followed by You Rang M'Lord. 

Is American Men Behaving Badly as bad as the American line for line remake of Coupling?

A few posts up I included the pilot. I watched a bit and it was.. well, odd. I don't think as bad as Coupling though. I only saw clips but looked awful

40 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I remember a scene from Birds of a Feather where Sharon was lying down on the floor, trying to put some jeans on. And one where Dorian kept saying the word “tryst.”

I don’t remember anything about Kiss Me Kate other than the lead was Caroline Quentin, the middle-class Pauline Quirke... and it was set in an office (was she a psychiatrist?) and I really, really fancied Amanda Holden in it.

Man, i'd forgotten about Amanda Holden in Kiss Me Kate, she used to enter my thoughts often as a young lad. I think I was obsessed with her for a short time. If I was 12 again now I doubt i'd even flinch at that as i'd probably only get off on hardcore latex double anal or whatever young lads search for these days.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Are you getting partially mixed up with Office Gossip? Because Pauline Quirke was in that, but not in Kiss Me Kate, and the aforementioned Daniela Denby-Ashe was also in Office Gossip, and was the only reason I suffered through it.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are you getting partially mixed up with Office Gossip? Because Pauline Quirke was in that, but not in Kiss Me Kate, and the aforementioned Daniela Denby-Ashe was also in Office Gossip, and was the only reason I suffered through it.

No, he's saying it was Caroline Quentin, who is the middle-class Pauline Quirke.