Where's Rodney?

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I recently rewatched Men Behaving Badly on Netflix for the first time since I saw them on TV. Some of it really doesn’t hold up well at all in this day and age. In the second series there’s a whole episode about Gary worrying that his new flat mate, Tony, is actually gay. 

I've been watching it too. Apart from the first series being wooden, it's still great. I've no problem with that episode. Even for 92 or whatever it was, they make it pretty clear that Gary is a fucking dinosaur for worrying about such a thing. And, like it or not, it's hardly an uncommon vibe now.

Oh yeah, I still enjoyed the show. Just thought that that episode would not have been green lit if it was being made these days. The only thing that really didn’t sit right with me was their cavalier attitude to cheating on their girlfriends. Like it’s a normal thing that happens in relationships and is almost encouraged. I know that most of the time their efforts blow up in their faces but it didn’t seem (to me at least) like those efforts were being portrayed at a bad thing. 

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Just rewatched first episode of Game On. First 10 minutes: Upon learning who Mandy’s going on a date with, Matt remarks “But Mandy, he’s black” 😬

Matt is a tragic loser and hates most people. Gingers, blacks, northerners, skunk pussies etc. The problem they had was that Ben Chaplin was too bloody handsome. I actually think when they changed actors it worked much better.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

The only thing that really didn’t sit right with me was their cavalier attitude to cheating on their girlfriends. Like it’s a normal thing that happens in relationships and is almost encouraged. I know that most of the time their efforts blow up in their faces but it didn’t seem (to me at least) like those efforts were being portrayed at a bad thing. 

The show is literally called "Men Behaving Badly"!

While I agree that it wouldn't be kosher now, I think that's mainly because we're all pretending this attitude doesn't exist rather than it actually being a thing of the past. The women weren't angels either. Dorothy is a bit of a slag. Gary deserves it though, the knob.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Did anyone mention Craig Charles and Sanjeev Bhaskar's sitcom about pirates yet?

I can't for the life of me remember what this is called. I think I watched it at the time. I don't remember anything about it, apart from something about having sex with a mermaid. 

I hope to god that was in this show and I haven't subconsciously outed myself as some sort of fish fiddler. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I can't for the life of me remember what this is called. I think I watched it at the time. I don't remember anything about it, apart from something about having sex with a mermaid. 

I hope to god that was in this show and I haven't subconsciously outed myself as some sort of fish fiddler. 

Better in here then in the chippy thread

• Paid Members

I loved the theme tune to Spatz and I swear to god the exact same tune was also used for one of the levels in Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion.

Edit: holy shit, I'm not alone!

Screenshot_20190830-231825_YouTube.jpg

Edited by PunkStep