NXT in talks to move to the USA Network! (against AEW)

IANdrewDiceClay

50 minutes ago, Loki said:

Lots of people who don't watch the show saying it's not very good, quite amusing.

I don't think it's folk saying it's not very good but you shouldn't be able to take 3 months out of watching TV between Takeovers and yet still know almost everything that is going on in the stories.

Nothing to advance anything happens on the weekly show and that has been the case for a long time.

Pure wrestling fans will absolutely love it, granted, but just watching decent to great matches over and over will bore anyone who is in it for the sports entertainment.

I'm like the opposite of a pure wrestling fan though.  I watch maybe an hour a week, two tops.  I don't care about movez, my favourite wrestler is Kevin Nash. I've literally never heard of most of the AEW roster.

I like NXT because it delivers 60 minutes a week with three good matches, a couple of backstage interviews and a promo or two.  The storylines move slowly over months, and that's good!  Hogan used to have literally one storyline a year, and he sold out stadiums the world over.  Being able to miss hours of tv and still understand the direction of the company is a good thing imo.  It's not sports entertainment, it's old fashioned WCW Worldwide style pro wrestling.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I'm interested to see how this works. By most accounts, Triple H and his team are hidden away on the Network, with Vince being too busy fighting his beard to care. You fancy that changing now it's on proper telly and they're getting paid for it. As discussed, I imagine the extra hour and pressure from Vince could sink what a lot on here enjoy about the show. 

• Paid Members

From this week’s Observer;

”WWE has been in contact with Enzo and Cass about a surprise return to be top stars on the NXT brand.”

Fucking hell. The, “war,” hasn’t even started and they’re already desperate! 

On 8/25/2019 at 9:51 PM, ColinBollocks said:

I'm interested to see how this works. By most accounts, Triple H and his team are hidden away on the Network, with Vince being too busy fighting his beard to care. You fancy that changing now it's on proper telly and they're getting paid for it. As discussed, I imagine the extra hour and pressure from Vince could sink what a lot on here enjoy about the show. 

You grossly underestimate Vince McMahon's level of skill and professionalism.

Edited by Whistling Skull
Because words.

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

”WWE has been in contact with Enzo and Cass about a surprise return to be top stars on the NXT brand.”

Oh God, NO!!! Cass is relatively inoffensive in small doses but Enzo was always an annoying little turd who was 'change-the-channel' material.
If true - this has a total 'Vince call' all over it. 'Yeah, but the brand has no STARS, pal'

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I feel like they’d have always been back once the dust settled. They’re still (assuming they can do everything they did 3-4 years ago) one of the best acts NXT has produced. Plus it’s worth it for how much it’d upset Simon Gotch.

• Paid Members

They'd be a cracking heel act. Enzo gets right up people's noses and Cass is good as the big back up for the little twat who talks too much. There are worse guys on NXT TV every week.

Not sure it'll make a dent in this "war" with AEW though.

43 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Yeah, it’s more of a “we’ve got a two hour show to fill” move than a “fuck you, Billionaire Ted” one.

Something I'd like to know but don't have the patience to actually look up - has anyone compared the number of roster members versus airtime requirements, including matches, across a year's TV, and worked out how much they actually need from everyone? I know it'd be a skewed stat because not everyone merits the spotlight, but surely it can't be this hard to put together content without everything going stale.