NXT in talks to move to the USA Network! (against AEW)

IANdrewDiceClay

15 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

How many genuinely creative long term angles have they had over the last few years? 

Gargano and Ciampa, surely? I know a lot of people didn’t like it after a certain point,  personally I never watched any of it apart from one or two Takeover matches, but it went on for ages and had a lot of twists and turns.

For the most part, slight twists on “I’m better than you” is what that audience wants anyway. REAL SPORTS PRESENTATION~ etc. Stuff like Velveteen Dream wanting Aleister Black to say his name worked well.

• Paid Members

I've not watched in ages. I went to see them in Blackpool for the tour. Joe wrestled Apollo Crews on it. The main was Corbin Vs Balor Vs Sami Zayn. It was a decent show. I keep meaning to watch because I'm partial to Matt Riddle's work.

I’m the biggest nxt live fan, I go to most tapings and a couple of house shows each month.

I have very little interest in watching the product on tv though and it’s never really come across as ‘must watch’ to me, especially in terms of storylines and making you tune in next week. I hear it’s staying at full sail for the time being, but who knows how popular it will be if it’s weekly.

• Paid Members

Hopefully a big shot in the arm for NXT. I've not enjoyed it in ages since it became 205 Taped.

It was always hit and miss but generally had a good narrative that concluded with superb Takeover events. The last year they've not been the same level and they've pillaged the roster. 

It's interesting though. Like AEW, it's hard to predict quite what it will be but I'll be watching to find out.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:47 PM, Sonny Mustang said:

I’m the biggest nxt live fan, I go to most tapings and a couple of house shows each month.

I have very little interest in watching the product on tv though and it’s never really come across as ‘must watch’ to me, especially in terms of storylines and making you tune in next week. I hear it’s staying at full sail for the time being, but who knows how popular it will be if it’s weekly.

The weekly show is definitely miss-able and nowhere near "must watch". I'm not saying it's rubbish because I genuinely have no idea as I don't watch it but I can watch every Takeover and feel as if I haven't missed a thing in terms of the over-arching story. That needs to change if this TV deal is going to work.

Lots of people who don't watch the show saying it's not very good, quite amusing.

NXT has always been a development territory with some indy riffic spotfests thrown in.  The real joy is in seeing raw develop into WWE superstars.  There's also a simplicity and tightness about the booking, it's very old school and that appeals to me, with a similar presentational style.

It'll be interesting to see how much of that survives.  If it's now to be a genuine 3rd brand, my guess is not lot.  There'll be a pressure to get ratings, and the ability to just let green superstars find their feet will be gone.

It's often felt like NXT has been a little overlooked corner of WWE where people get to be pro wrestlers again and sneak in some  fun simple feuds.  With the exposure of USA that surely can't carry on.

I really can't see how this is a good thing moving forward. Wwe as a whole have been so boring and stale for ages with raw and smackdown. They really do almost overthink everything that they allow to be on tv under there banner.

Nxt is something I've not regularly kept up with watching apart from the takeovers however I do read alot of articles online and read alot of fan comments and there are a huge number of fans that hold nxt in high regard as something different to the normal wwe product.

Nxt moving forward will change quite significantly and that's due to vince and him having to have the head role when it comes to anything that goes on tv under the wwe banner. Ive read around and alot of people are being over dramatic and saying that's the end of nxt ect ect while I don't think it's the end for nxt I do think we will undoubtedly see a obvious wwe tv stamp put on the product