NXT in talks to move to the USA Network! (against AEW)

IANdrewDiceClay

From Dave Meltzer's daily update last night:

WWE will be announcing the NXT television deal on USA on Raw tomorrow night. 

I'm told there is one more significant bit of news that will be announced related to this deal on the show.

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Couldn't we argue that that's the same thing that AEW has been up until now though? The real test for them as well is going beyond the hardcore fanbase that already loves that shit.

Yeah, that’s a very good point - both of them are probably going to undergo some shakeups over their first few months on the telly.

• Paid Members

I guess NXT becoming a proper show will mean it ends up on BT Sport alongside Raw and Smackdown in the UK? Unless they’re able to pump out a different WWE Network to us than what they get in America? Frankly, the state of the Network these days, I’ve got no faith they could have different versions for different regions. They can’t even manage fast-forwarding or video and audio synchronicity at the moment!

9 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

A lot of lazy idiots whining that they won't be able to watch NXT now. It's almost like there's websites to watch shows the day after they air. Free as well.

Some WWE fans are complete bellends.

To be fair, I'd much rather pay to watch it on the Network than have to rely on dodgy sites or signing up to torrents etc.

4 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

And maybe the "Superstar shakeup" will see people go TO NXT, rather than leave NXT?

I think that’d be happening more and more even if NXT wasn’t going on TV. Cesaro is doing fuck all at the moment and he hasn’t got the minerals to be a big singles guy on the main roster, but he could definitely main event a Takeover against Velveteen Dream. NXT being on TV makes that specific case less likely though, I think, as that stage puts it beyond Cesaro. I’m not sure who they would think could bolster NXT for TV but not be missed by the proper shows.

• Paid Members

My dream scenario is them binning off 205 Live and NXT UK and bringing in the upper echelon of guys from both shows to fill up the NXT roster.

I mean seriously, how many people do you think watches those shows? 10,000? 5,000? Even less than that? There’s some seriously talented folk on those shows who’d be great on a prime time two-hour NXT on USA Network. One of the saddest things about NXT UK in particular is that guys as great as British Strong Style are tucked away on a show so far down the pecking order that it might as well not exist at all. I’d be delighted to start seeing them regularly again.

It won’t happen though. It’ll be WWECW all over again. The Big Show’s probably already been called. Give it a year and they’ll probably be recording NXT after Smackdown in front of a dead crowd grabbing their coats.

I’ll tell you what though. For as worthless as Baron Corbin is on the main roster, absolutely reeking of, “oh, just fuck off,” heat, I reckon there’s something there for him one day showing up in Full Sail again. He’d actually be the heel they already think he is in front of that crowd.

Thinking about how long this has likely been in the pipeline, I wonder if it’s got anything to do with Jim Smallman leaving Progress and working for WWE full time? 

Edited by Supremo