Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IANdrewDiceClay

NXT in talks to move to the USA Network! (against AEW)

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Supremo said:

Exciting times. Would be more exciting if NXT hadn't been shit and not worth watching for months though.

I don't know how anyone could still watch it regularly after what a mess that Gargano/Ciampa thing became.

Outside of the main event scene it's been really good.  Good women's division, good tag matches, good scene around the North American title.

I really like all the tournaments, it's one of NXT'S best features.  You get interesting wrestlers turning up for a spell, and drama based around *gasp* sport.

I fast  forward through anything involving Gargano and enjoy the shows.

Putting NXT on USA and involving Vince will destroy the brand though.  It's all about wrestling focused, simple storylines, an acknowledgement that there's a world of wrestling outside of WWE.  None of that is in Vince's playbook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NXT has been on USA at least once before, hasn't it? Just Googled it, 841,000 viewers in December 2017. 

So on a non-PPV week, who is watching 7 hours of first-run WWE programming? Throw in a PPV and a takeover, you've got 13 hours. Even if it was the best it had ever been, fucking hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hallicks said:

NXT has been on USA at least once before, hasn't it? Just Googled it, 841,000 viewers in December 2017. 

So on a non-PPV week, who is watching 7 hours of first-run WWE programming? Throw in a PPV and a takeover, you've got 13 hours. Even if it was the best it had ever been, fucking hell. 

That's really it exactly isn't it. There's too much now for a lesser audience. Even if the same numbers were watching as between 96 and 01 they wouldn't be watching everything but rather pick and choosing what to watch. 13 hours is binge watching level and WWE do not have a product that is binge watch worthy. In fact I would say wrestling works best these days when it isn't entire evening viewing. I can watch a 95 Raw or Nitro in one sitting no problem 45 minutes to 1 hour if ads were there, checking my phone during the jobber matches and focusing during the big stuff.  A lot of my favorite shows would go by the wayside if they were over an hour to be honest as i'd stop them and do something else. I genuinely feel the biggest issue in WWE and possibly wrestling as a whole now is the amount of available content. Yes its great people have more places to work but looking at WWE, I don't have time to watch RAW, Smackdown, NXT, NXT UK and 205 and if I did even as a teenage I probably wouldn't want to watch it all so i'm less invested in everyone because of the huge rosters and missed hours. 

I do hope if NXT was to move onto a network it stays as an hour long show, if it got good ratings then perhaps it could be the persuasion needed for a bit of a format change across the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the zombie to show up on the first episode and get a kicking from some workrate lads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, simonworden said:

That's really it exactly isn't it. There's too much now for a lesser audience. Even if the same numbers were watching as between 96 and 01 they wouldn't be watching everything but rather pick and choosing what to watch. 13 hours is binge watching level and WWE do not have a product that is binge watch worthy. In fact I would say wrestling works best these days when it isn't entire evening viewing. I can watch a 95 Raw or Nitro in one sitting no problem 45 minutes to 1 hour if ads were there, checking my phone during the jobber matches and focusing during the big stuff.  A lot of my favorite shows would go by the wayside if they were over an hour to be honest as i'd stop them and do something else. I genuinely feel the biggest issue in WWE and possibly wrestling as a whole now is the amount of available content. Yes its great people have more places to work but looking at WWE, I don't have time to watch RAW, Smackdown, NXT, NXT UK and 205 and if I did even as a teenage I probably wouldn't want to watch it all so i'm less invested in everyone because of the huge rosters and missed hours. 

I do hope if NXT was to move onto a network it stays as an hour long show, if it got good ratings then perhaps it could be the persuasion needed for a bit of a format change across the board.

It won’t though will it? It would just get extended to 2hrs then everyone would moan that it’s too long. 

NXT as a 1hr weekly is perfect for what it is. If they do end up on USA Network and keep it at an hour (which they should), the question is do they go against AEW’s* first or second hour.

* AEW has been confirmed as a 2hr show hasn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If AEW is 2 hours then Vince will extend NXT to 2 hours because he’s a fucking nutter. I really enjoy NXT atm but it’s going down the shitter if Vince gets his hands on it.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If NXT goes to USA then it'll properly turn from being the developmental TV show it was to the third brand Triple H kept harping on about since the first Takeover. It'll basically be another WWECW full of wrestlers who are mildly entertaining and put on decent enough matches, but are never going to be big draws for WWE and anything but a jobber on the main roster.

All the developmental TV work will be done on their 'partner' promotions like PROGRESS/Evolve/etc. They will takeover from NXT as the developmental, and NXT will get bumped to being a third brand.

You can see it starting to happen with guys like Tyler Breeze going back to NXT, and PROGRESS having Matt Riddle & Keith Lee vs Moustache Mountain at Chapter 95.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NXT has been the third brand for a while though, surely. Raw is for kids, NXT is the MOVEZ show for barricade slappers, and Smackdown's the best of both worlds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real question should be, will the NXT roster be paid the same as the main roster if the brand makes it to a major network. They bloody well should be imo.

They also can't continue running Full Sail if they want to be taken seriously on TV. Wonder if we get meltdowns from the barricade slappers (didn't a lot of TNA muppets jump on the NXT bandwagon?) if the brand starts running bigger venues for TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

If NXT goes to USA then it'll properly turn from being the developmental TV show it was to the third brand Triple H kept harping on about since the first Takeover. It'll basically be another WWECW full of wrestlers who are mildly entertaining and put on decent enough matches, but are never going to be big draws for WWE and anything but a jobber on the main roster.

All the developmental TV work will be done on their 'partner' promotions like PROGRESS/Evolve/etc. They will takeover from NXT as the developmental, and NXT will get bumped to being a third brand.

You can see it starting to happen with guys like Tyler Breeze going back to NXT, and PROGRESS having Matt Riddle & Keith Lee vs Moustache Mountain at Chapter 95.

That's what its been for a good while already in fairness, they may aswell try and make some money off it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

NXT as a 1hr weekly is perfect for what it is.

But what it is is fap fodder for people who are already hardcore fans. There’s been no pressure on it at all. If it becomes weekly TV with pressure to deliver ratings, it’s a different beast than what NXT has ever been before (at least since the gameshow days).

Edited by King Pitcos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...