NXT in talks to move to the USA Network! (against AEW)

IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator
25 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

They remind me of the stock logos the old games used to have in the Create a Wrestlers for pasting onto shirts/crowd signs. Awful. 

They remind me of the old Attitude Era sticker albums where each wrestlers' page had 'their' logo in one of the corners. 

Image result for wwf attitude sticker album

Bit like this one, but the likes of X-Pac and The Godfather all had them too. I'm all for this making a comeback.

• Awards Moderator
8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Fucking hell, I watch NXT most weeks and I still don’t know who some of those are. Who the hell are the Outliers? Dio Madden? Who they fuck are they, if not an NFL themed Metal band?

Dio Madden is, I think, the guy who started on commentary on 205 Live last week. At one point he mentioned his first ever match was against Lince Dorado, so he might also be a wrestler. That's all I know.

19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

They remind me of the old Attitude Era sticker albums where each wrestlers' page had 'their' logo in one of the corners. 

Yes! I had one of these and used it as a reference guide in 2000 to decorate an entire chipboard left over from house renovation in my nan's gaf using permanent marker. The board was there years later still when I was a smarky, spotty teenager and I found it quite amusing that I'd done the entire roster, from Rock right down to Perry Saturn. Just a board propped up in the shed with 'Perry Saturn' written down the bottom corner of it in a weird hand drawn font, like he'd been hanging out there drinking cans. 

I know some of the logos back then were just as generic, but I loved that you could flick through that book and virtually every wrestler in it was a character, and had some sort of allegiance or cross-storyline pollination with nearly every other wrestler. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Saw it all over Twitter last night. I've always loved the wrestlers having logos going back to the trading cards in the late 80s and the early 90s sticker books. Those are so fucking bad. There are only about 2 that don't look like someone played with Microsoft WordArt.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Fucking hell, I watch NXT most weeks and I still don’t know who some of those are. Who the hell are the Outliers? Dio Madden? Who they fuck are they, if not an NFL themed Metal band?

I have a theory. Some of them are fake names and it's up to us to work out which are NXT wrestlers and which are just made up

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Dio Madden used to go by his real name Brennan Williams. He’s been on Woods YouTube channel quite a bit and is now commentating on 205 live. The Outliers have something to do with Robbie E and that’s all I know. 

Some of these guys who have had shirts made have barely been on tv. I had to google Brendan Vink. I still don’t know who he is and I don’t think anyone has been crying out for some Vink merch lately. 

I'm actually really looking forward to the show being 2 hours now. I think they have more than enough talent to fill it, and I hope it allows them to create more stars and get people out there more.

Obviously only time will tell as to whether they're capable of delivering the same quality with a 2 hour show, but Smackdown has often been a solid watch with the same length, so it's not impossible.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Saw it all over Twitter last night. I've always loved the wrestlers having logos going back to the trading cards in the late 80s and the early 90s sticker books. Those are so fucking bad. There are only about 2 that don't look like someone played with Microsoft WordArt.

I loved the 1993 video screen that would show a wrestler's logo as they came out.

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 15.46.37.png

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 15.46.15.png

• Paid Members

I’ve barely watched NXT in ages but I’m excited for tonight’s show. I always love a big reset show where there’s a chance of surprises and drastic changes in direction. Is Ciampa close to returning? Are we all agreed that it’s probably best to pretend he never came out to congratulate Gargano when Johnny won the Title, thus rendering the entire storyline even shitter than it had already become?