Supremo

The fact that a 52 year old Bill Goldberg is probably the major talking point heading into Summerslam tells you all you need to know about the dearth of real stars we've seen created over the past ten years or so.

I don't so much put the blame on the talent for that, as much as I do the creative team and WWE in general.

51 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

I'm with Charlotte. Trish has never been a good wrestler and, let's not forget, she started out as a piece of eye candy as she managed average teams. Charlotte can wrestle rings round her and the arguments presented are solid.

Nearly every woman > Trish

Really? Never been a good wrestler? I get you might think she's not as good as Charlotte because few are. But never a good wrestler? Nah.

1 hour ago, Wideload90 said:

I'm with Charlotte. Trish has never been a good wrestler and, let's not forget, she started out as a piece of eye candy as she managed average teams. Charlotte can wrestle rings round her and the arguments presented are solid.

Nearly every woman > Trish

The fact she came in as just eye candy and was never meant to amount to anything InRing wise yet when she ended her Carrer she was known as one of the best of all time with multiple Title Reigns should be a positive reflection not a negative

She worked really hard to become more then just eye candy 

I dont't think anyone is claiming she is as good as some of the women in todays WWE but for her ERA she was and started the transition of women from just being eye candy to legitimate members of the roster.

It didn't happen overnight and in ring wise the next generation after Trish were worse but she did a lot to try to change the tide of what women could acheive without stripping down to there underwear or bikinis every 5 minutes        

Edited by MVP RULZ

1 hour ago, David said:

The fact that a 52 year old Bill Goldberg is probably the major talking point heading into Summerslam tells you all you need to know about the dearth of real stars we've seen created over the past ten years or so.

I don't so much put the blame on the talent for that, as much as I do the creative team and WWE in general.

Some talent deserve to be blamed though. Seth is the top star feuding with the world champion and he’s a total fucking geek in storyline and in real life. Just awful. 

Re: Trish - she's not a particularly good wrestler and those in her era often outperformed her: Lita, Mickie and Victoria are all better wrestlers. Do I think Trish did more to shine a spotlight on women's wrestling in the WWE? Yes. Is she overrated. Definitely.

I will watch her upcoming match and see what happens but It's not like it's going to be any good. If the slap to Charlotte on SD this week is anything to go by it's going to be flat.

I think the one positive with Summerslam this year is that they haven't overloaded the card.  I think at present the event has an 8 match card, where as last year's Summerslam and Mania this year had 13.

They appear to be taking a step in the right direction and placing attraction bouts on the go home shows, such as Zayn/Black & the women's four way.  Would like to see this done more often, as trying to cram every superstar on the roster into one show only ever has a negative effect.

I'm also loving the fact that they haven't rushed Roman/Bryan onto the event and left the whole angle wide open going into Sunday.  Fingers crossed that they don't throw something onto the card at the last minute involving Roman, and instead play out the angle mid-show with some king of huge brawl, which would break up the evening nicely.

15 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Some talent deserve to be blamed though. Seth is the top star feuding with the world champion and he’s a total fucking geek in storyline and in real life. Just awful. 

I don’t think that’s particularly fair. This time last year, he was arguably the best performer in the company, he was super over, and everybody was clamouring for him to take the belt from Brock, even more so when Roman left. Even going back to early this year, remember that promo he did with Triple H before the Rumble? He looked like a superstar.

How is it his fault he’s booked like a complete loser? He’s basically been Roman Reigns’d. Would you also say Roman is to blame for being booked like a total geek?

Edited by Slapnut

Yeah I have to say the Seth hate is a bit of a strange one now. He was definitely the most over talent at some point, putting in regular top level performances, and he definitely worked his arse off to get back to a viable position to be champion. Now? Yeah it sucks that he's been booked the way he has, although true he doesn't help himself online etc.

• Paid Members

No matter how badly Roman was booked, he never compounded everything by acting like a prick on social media. Even when he was saying, “suffering succotash!” you always had the sense that Roman was a cool, likeable guy in real life and they were just failing to tap into it properly.

That’s what’s killed Seth more than anything, I think. Not only are the writers making him look a dickhead, but he’s done just as good a job, if not better, of making himself look like one, too. Some of the shit he’s spouted, I can’t see how anyone could still want to root for him. Imagine having a spat with  Will Ospreay and somehow coming out of it as the bigger prick.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Looking at the card, while most of it will probably end up pretty decent, the only one that has gotten the kind of build to make you actually care, is Orton Vs Kofi, and between that and Goldberg flattening Ziggler, is where my interest lies for this show. 

It'll probably end up being pretty entertaining overall by the end, but most of it just doesn't capture the imagination at all.