Supremo

• Paid Members

Goldberg aside, Orton vs. Kofi is easily my most anticipated match. These two video packages they’ve done to promote that match are fantastic and are by far the best thing they’ve done with Kofi since Wrestlemania.

Awesome.

Kofi vs Orton really is brilliant. It should’ve been Kofi’s post-Mania feud, really. It would’ve been a great follow on from the KofiMania momentum, and avoided the mess of temporarily re-heeling Kevin Owens. It’s absolutely the match I’m most looking forward to at SummerSlam. 

It also really emphasises how much more appealing a match can be when it’s built up with video packages and interviews like this rather than the in-ring promos and tag matches every week. I know Kofi and Orton have had those as well recently, but they were pretty much irrelevant to these videos.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

No matter how badly Roman was booked, he never compounded everything by acting like a prick on social media. Even when he was saying, “suffering succotash!” you always had the sense that Roman was a cool, likeable guy in real life and they were just failing to tap into it properly.

That’s what’s killed Seth more than anything, I think. Not only are the writers making him look a dickhead, but he’s done just as good a job, if not better, of making himself look like one, too. Some of the shit he’s spouted, I can’t see how anyone could still want to root for him. Imagine having a spat with  Will Ospreay and somehow coming out of it as the bigger prick.

Yeah I can’t argue with any of that, his wobbly on the socials was outright ridiculous.

Twitter beef is by far my least favourite thing about wrestling at the moment. The majority of them come across as absolute losers, either arguing with fans or starting worked-shoot beef with other wrestlers. Bunch of crybaby wankers, the lot of them.

• Paid Members

It's not like Rollins has fared much better on TV from what I've seen. Repeating the same mistakes as Roman Reigns, trying to make him look like a "never say die" babyface by having him keep getting up after getting battered by Lesnar, only to get battered again, only serves to make him look like a complete idiot, particularly if he loses on Sunday.

18 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Lita's only good matches were the ones Trish carried her to.

This^^^

Lita was a revolutionary woman because a)she was the first women to do high spots and b)She was seen as really cool to every Teenage girl (cough AJ Lee) but in the ring she was broken neck city. 

Not even average.

Trish had some good matches that still hold up today-Victoria, Mickie, Molly Holly, even Stephanie.

The idea that Trish is over rated is absurd, if anything WWE don't celebrate her enough.

• Paid Members

Look at the length of some of those old Summerslam events on the Network! Fucking hell, full events over in a little over two and a half hours! Take me back!

image.thumb.png.3e94c807147a93b953d4a1c459ae10a6.png

Confession: other than the clip of that kid saying Bulldog's going to win whether he wants to or not, I've never actually seen Summerslam 92. It was just before my time and I've never gotten around to it. Reckon it holds up?

Edited by Supremo