Supremo

14 hours ago, Supremo said:

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 33 was five stars in my book.

While we’re at it, Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2016 is six stars and legitimately one of the best matches of the decade. 

Wasn't 25 minutes long though, so how could it be 5 stars?  

I agree though, the Survivor Series match they had was one of the best matches ever in my opinion.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Becky and Natalya is officially a Submission Match. Great. They're going to do another fucking screwjob aren't they?

How would you even do that, logistically? Unless Becky is turning heel, which I can't imagine is happening, then you have to screw Natalya, and who is going to do the screwing? It was my first reaction too, given the location, but I just can't see how they would be able to put it together. 

5 minutes ago, mim731 said:

How would you even do that, logistically? Unless Becky is turning heel, which I can't imagine is happening, then you have to screw Natalya, and who is going to do the screwing? It was my first reaction too, given the location, but I just can't see how they would be able to put it together. 

It's Vince. I doubt he's even thought about it beyond a Hart-related person in Canada.

• Paid Members

You know, aside from WrestleMania VI, which was in a Stadium and had the champion vs champion thing, I dont think I was to fussed about a WrestleMania until the boom of the late 90s. SummerSlam always seemed like the much bigger deal and way more entertaining to me. Anyone else feel that way? Rumble, Survivor Series and SummerSlam was much better than WrestleManias of the time.

Rumble has always been my main one, just for the Rumble match itself. I'm a complete sucker for it. Undoubtedly my favourite match of the year. Just so many booking possibilities and surprises etc.

I loved Survivor Series as a kid too. Not so much after they changed it a bit in the 90s and then it all went downhill from there, but those early ones with the awesome Silver Vision VHS covers etc. Fucking loved them.

Summerslam was always a bit hit and miss for me over the years but you could say the same for Mania. Wrestlemania will always be sold as the big one but that often doesn't help, especially with heightened expectations etc.

• Paid Members

SummerSlam seemed bigger to me too, at least until around mid-late 90’s, which is probably due to SummerSlam 92 and all the merch that suddenly appeared in the play ground. 

But if truth be told, Rumble was my favourite, followed by Survivor Series, then King of the Ring and then a toss up between SummerSlam & Mania, depending on the year. The gimmick events clearly worked a treat on me. 

I think Mania jumped back up the pecking order around 96/97 though.

9 confirmed matches, as per Wikipedia, and not a shred of interest in any of them.

Lesnar throwing Rollins around sounds great, but we've seen that exact match twice now. I don't want either man to win, because if Seth wins it's another 4 months of an above-average wrestler with a dreadful character holding the main belt, and if they keep it on Brock then all roads of his lead straight back to Roman. It's amazing that the only main event of Wrestlemania I can see them putting together for the next couple of years is Roman vs Brock. The only two people (aside from your part-timers, which I know Brock is) who anyone could possibly see as "stars" on that roster.

Kofi vs Randy is probably the only thing on the show which I might check out, and that's just down to the prospect of grumpy Orton putting this new indie generation through chinlock specials. The promo videos he's done leading into this have been excellent, to be fair. Easily the best thing he's done in a while with WWE. I like Kofi, and he's had a solid run, but I'd give the belt to Orton for a while at the very least. Sadly, I can see Kofi retaining before dropping it to Reigns on the FOX debut.

Becky/Natalya couldn't feel any colder. Likewise with AJ/Ricochet. Likewise with Bayley (I didn't even realise she still had the belt) vs Ember. 

Everything they've done with Bray since his gimmick change has been great, but I have absolutely zero faith it amounts to anything significant. He'll go over Balor here, sure, but what's his ceiling? At the end of the day, it's the same Bray Wyatt who'll win on PPV once every 10 months. Balor is the absolute definition of bland and I can't see him losing as the Demon just yet to further kill off any intrigue in this match.

Goldberg vs Ziggler just confuses me. Goldberg surely has about a handful of matches left, and you waste one of them on Dolph cunting Ziggler? I hope he spears him out of WWE so he can fuck off with his abhorrent comedy routine until the end of time.

9 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Goldberg vs Ziggler just confuses me. Goldberg surely has about a handful of matches left, and you waste one of them on Dolph cunting Ziggler? I hope he spears him out of WWE so he can fuck off with his abhorrent comedy routine until the end of time.

To me, it makes perfect sense. It's not going to be a 20 minute match. It's going to be Goldberg hammering Dolph in under two minutes and looking a million times better than Saudi Arabia. Dolph is beyond the point where he's harmed by losing to a part-timer and his bumping will make Bill look great. Everyone will hopefully forget all about the Taker match and we can all pretend it never happened. 

Now watch them have a 30 minute Triple H at Mania match, because WWE. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Seems... odd. Just like they're throwing a bunch of guys together that they want on the card but have no idea what to do with.

It's eerily similar to the situation in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013...

1 hour ago, TheToeSucker said:

I'm kinda siding with Charlotte in this feud. Trish is so overrated.

I'm with Charlotte. Trish has never been a good wrestler and, let's not forget, she started out as a piece of eye candy as she managed average teams. Charlotte can wrestle rings round her and the arguments presented are solid.

Nearly every woman > Trish