Supremo

9 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

It would have been your idea if someone had of put it on twitter. 

I’ll jump onto the Raw thread in a minute to post something so you can post that there as well.  That the third time you’ve used that now?

• Paid Members

Big Show could still serve a purpose if they had a big powerhouse lad to get over by lifting him. Used sparingly, it's still a great visual.

Have Big E give him the Big Ending, something like that, as part of a build to a main event slot.

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

They don't need to build up Show. They don't have to anyway with his size but with his rep and longevity, it's even more unecessary. I've no idea what shape he's in and if honest, can't think of any program/match I'd tune into because he's in it but he's at least a name at this point where they don't have many.

It's a pity they don't have any heels in a position to benefit from beating him. You've got brock who's above him and then everyone else is nowhere near and not even in a position where a big win would repair the damage. Imagine if McIntyre didn't lose every week....

I guess from my perspective if he is coming back at some point then I'd rather he was presented as a threat. When I think of Big Show these days I always remember him crying or his bazillion heel turns, so it'd be nice to put a positive spin on him instead. But then as you say, it'd be good if they did that with other people on the roster too like Drew or Braun etc, so I have little faith in their ability to make a Big Show return of any interest.

Ace to see Bryan/Roman match I was after being added to the card. As has been said, unbelievable that this, as well as a couple of legends have been chucked onto the card at the last minute. WWE seems to be fairly bonkers at the moment.

Watched that Roman video with the falling shelves, fuck me LOL. That could have been wrestlecrap at its finest, but Roman no-selling it killed it dead. Not only was it gobsmackingly badly shot, it did fuck all to get Roman sympathy. He just shrugs everyone off and walks away like a moody prick. Plus the dude was nearly killed, where's the anger? Wheres the urgency? Just made him look like a tit. As usual. As good as the match could be, they have a week to pull something out the bag to get proper heat on Bryan, because after being so careful with Roman they're throwing him to the wolves in Toronto.

12 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

As usual. As good as the match could be, they have a week to pull something out the bag to get proper heat on Bryan, because after being so careful with Roman they're throwing him to the wolves in Toronto.

Yeah that's definitely a weird combination to have if they're wanting Roman to be supported by the crowd.

It's Goldberg I fear for the most. No chance that crowd is getting behind him against Ziggler. They'll either be pro-Dolph or throwing AEW chants out from the bell.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's Goldberg I fear for the most. No chance that crowd is getting behind him against Ziggler. They'll either be pro-Dolph or throwing AEW chants out from the bell.

I don't know about that, Toronto was where Goldberg squashed Lesnar at Survivor Series in 2016 and they LOVED him there. I think he'll be fine. if it was Rollins, Bryan or someone Canadian I'd be concerned, but Goldberg will easily be the star provided it's a sub-90-second squash. 

44 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I don't know about that, Toronto was where Goldberg squashed Lesnar at Survivor Series in 2016 and they LOVED him there. I think he'll be fine. if it was Rollins, Bryan or someone Canadian I'd be concerned, but Goldberg will easily be the star provided it's a sub-90-second squash. 

Yeah but the Undertaker match has happened since then, and a crowd like Toronto will be all over that i'm thinking.

Goldberg and Roman are going to be boo'd out of the building.

Edited by The King of Old School

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Watched that Roman video with the falling shelves, fuck me LOL. That could have been wrestlecrap at its finest, but Roman no-selling it killed it dead. Not only was it gobsmackingly badly shot, it did fuck all to get Roman sympathy. He just shrugs everyone off and walks away like a moody prick. Plus the dude was nearly killed, where's the anger? Wheres the urgency? Just made him look like a tit.

My favourite bit of that was the EMT's arriving and yelling at him not to move - by which time he's already dragged himself from underneath it and is kneeling there with his usual face on.