Supremo

• Paid Members

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 33 was five stars in my book.

While we’re at it, Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2016 is six stars and legitimately one of the best matches of the decade. 

What will Goldberg bring? Literally everything the rest of the roster is lacking.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

On 8/2/2019 at 5:35 PM, King Pitcos said:

That was when he was a returning superstar for a one off. Now he’s a PART-TIMER holding down the young guys.

Canadian fans once turned on a full-time babyface Goldberg and vociferously cheered on Vince Russo instead! I have no point to make, just always found that funny.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Problem w Goldberg et Al is other than a short term pop in ratings what will he bring. 

That's literally the only thing they want from him so if that's all it achieves, it's worked. The point of a big star name is to get eyes on the product who you can introduce to the rest of your characters and stories and keep them watching. It's that last part they fail at.

First Goldberg/Lesnar is the best match of the decade so there's that as a bonus too.

• Paid Members

Fans are so backwards, sometimes. Goldberg is there to look cool and batter lesser thans (which, conveniently is all of the full time roster). All the while making us feel good because Big Bill is great at what he does.

Goldberg showed with his Lesnar run the value he brings to the show. He was about the only memorable thing about Kevin Owens' Universal Title run. It's also the only time in the last 5 years Lesnar's run into Wrestlemania has been a good watch start to finish.

A lot of people's minds have seemingly been turned further on Goldberg because of the Taker shit. The Lesnar feud was so good and a perfect send off for Bill.

But It's always great to see Bill back. I can't stand Ziggler and watching him get squashed would be fun. Even though I probably would have preferred Goldberg to be in a more high profile match. But hey he's on the Summerslam card and that's something I wasn't quite expecting.

The Goldberg/Lesnar run was one of the best things WWE have put on in donkeys years. Both matches were pieces of genius booking and worked like a charm.

28 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

Yeah but lets not get carried away. Goldberg in a full time role in AEW or WWE would be awful. The man never was a good wrestler. A one off match every few months is perfectly fine.

Dunno where I or anyone said they want him back full time :p A special attraction is exactly what he should be.