Supremo

Saw the link this morning before watching - '3 hours, 30 minutes'. 
'Hmm, acceptable'. Hopefully this trend continues and PPV times keep shrinking to more reasonable lengths [2hrs 30 to 3 hours]

Bray looked like a superstar. Great entrance and presentation - this is the stuff that when they do it right, nobody can touch WWE on.
If I was a kid that new lantern and Bray's mask would scare the shit out of me.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

@Statto were you wearing a Norwich shirt?  My son saw someone in one, but lost sight once the crowd dispersed through the doors.

Yep, that was me, unless there was another!

That was a ludicrously fun show to be at live, I hope it comes across well on TV.

The Fiend entrance is a fucking work of genius. Quite an experience live when you don't know what you're gonna get.

I think you forget how good Randy Orton actually is until you see him in person. He's the epitome of the old JR favourite "no wasted movement", everything he does means something. Stayed down selling Kofi's attack through all 3 promo videos that followed too, then only got up to leave when the lights came back up, even though he wasn't on camera at that point. He just gets it.

Also, GOLDBERG!!

3 hours ago, The Dart said:

How good is Brock Lesnar?

He really is brilliant.

It's mad to think that on a singles level, how many guys on this current main roster have had their best work occur with this part-timer, millionaire who's got Vince's bollocks on absolute strings. His match with Bryan was probably in Bryan's top 3 within WWE, he had that brilliant match with AJ, Seth last night, Roman at Wrestlemania 31, Goldberg's entire run from Survivor Series up until Wrestlemania, Undertaker at Hell in a Cell. Even when the match doesn't always deliver, the build to matches like Joe, Strowman and even Orton were great fun. So many guys have enjoy their best run on the main roster alongside Brock. I hope he sticks around forever.

Loved the Goldberg/Ziggler thing as well. You might know what your getting with Goldberg but its one of the few things these days that puts a smile on my face with WWE. Also loved how Ziggler got the super kick in quickly and that first spear was class too. I would quite happily watch Goldberg do this on every PPV, then when the right time comes have someone actually beat Goldberg for that 'OMG' moment. 

Other highlights for me was R-Truth/Drake and Bray.

Couldn't care less about Seth Rollins, hopefully he turns heel.

Ricochet looked a million dollars, almost like a true superhero in his attire, also Ricochet is a someone you can warm too and get behind as he comes across so likeable (and I'm sure marketable for WWE). Would much prefer him as the underdog babyface then Seth.   

• Paid Members

It will die on it's arse, as it always does with him, but Seth can't complain they've not been giving it a good go with him. That's him went over on Brock clean twice now in the same year on their two big shows. Did Roman even get that? Some of the spots in the main event were undeniably well done, but I just really can't be arsed with Rollins.

I much preferred Bray's outro over his entrance. I'm pleased they've kept his old theme, even if the new version is 2002 naff. The Fiend should be making them some coin, though. Watch them balls it up by Wrestlemania. Good job the crowd loved the entrance because the squash/match wasn't up to much, really - just Bray with a new finish.

Anyway, I only bothered with this because of Goldberg (and I'm off work). Pleasingly, Big Bill didn't smash his head into a yak (johnnycarson.gif) pre-match, so I got the match I wanted. All three spears were beautiful, but the first one was the highlight of the night. I wonder if they'll be doing Goldberg v Seth in the future? I shudder at the thought of Seth beating another proper wrestler again, but they're behind him - a shame because it will all be wasted on someone like him.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Timed well with the release of Slipknots new album and their rise back to prominence in the mainstream.

But yeah, I really loved that entrance and the interpretation of the theme, but then, I also think Marilyn Mansons' version of Tainted Love shites all over the original, so I wouldn't ever listen to me about anything.

God bless 'em. He so blatantly isn't the guy but at least they're trying with old Seth. Maddening to think about all the guys they've thrown under the bus for Brock and Roman over the years, (with Roman getting thrown under the Brock bus all the same). All of them clearly having more upside than dork Rollins ever had. Oh well.

Where does Rollins go from here? Back to The Baron?