The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Beat by a ‘bird flipping’ one armed armbar. 
Still can’t wrap my head around it. DQ finish would have kept plenty of mystique on Cage.

He’s now just a total loser because his mom Taz saved his ass. FTW Paper Champion. Ruined.

13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah I'm really not sure what she adds to AEW in 2020 or ever really. Feels a little bit like she wanted a 'fuck you' to WWE for being annoyed at her, and Tony loves to give everyone jobs.

I have to admit, I have a soft spot for Vickie since she was part of one of my favourite heel partnerships ever, alongside Edge. I think it's fair to say she's failed to replicate that since, although she worked relatively well with Laycool.

I hope she has it in her to evolve her character and cut the kind of promos needed to make Nyla seem like the menacing threat that she ought to be. 

8 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Beat by a ‘bird flipping’ one armed armbar. 
Still can’t wrap my head around it. DQ finish would have kept plenty of mystique on Cage.

He’s now just a total loser because his mom Taz saved his ass. FTW Paper Champion. Ruined.

That’s the problem with Moxleys reign. It’s just been monster of the week challengers and he beats them and then they’re just losers. Hopefully the MJF feud is better  

• Paid Members

LWOlen's devestation is palpable. Can Taz take bumps anymore? The obvious solution to this is cage beating the orange off of him next week, claiming he never gave up etc, Taz underestimated him. 

I mean, Mox shouldn't lose the title until he does for a newly heel turned Cody, who's used some devilish tactics to get the title shot he swore he'd never get again. They'd have a really good feud as their characters are so opposite to each other and naturally lead to conflict. 

• Paid Members

I like Vickie Guerrero a lot, she seems like a lovely woman in real life and she was a great performer. Even though the idea of having her turn heel was an absolutely ridiculous one, she made it work. She has absolutely no place in AEW in 2020. 

• Paid Members

How many Managers are there now in AEW? 

Tully / Spears

Guerrero / Rose

Anderson / Cody

Taz / Cage

Jake / Archer

Rebel / Baker (Personal Assistant)

Am I missing any? There seems to be Managers all over the place at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Nick James said:

How many Managers are there now in AEW? 

Tully / Spears

Guerrero / Rose

Anderson / Cody

Taz / Cage

Jake / Archer

Rebel / Baker (Personal Assistant)

Am I missing any? There seems to be Managers all over the place at the moment. 

Haven't followed much but I Actually like this. The world needs more valets and managers

• Paid Members

Taz throwing the towel in made a little sense to me. It's well documented that Cage destroyed his arm last year and that they "rebuilt the machine" and it gives Moxley some credit to know to target a part of a body most wouldn't think on someone of Cage's size as an advantage.

Taz trying to talk him out of the submission only for Mox to keep countering any attempt was pretty smart too, it's what I like about the managers in AEW, most seem like coaches passing on wisdom. Taz throwing the towel in would work if they explain it that he had to protect the work and investment he put in, but now that they know Mox knows something it's time for them to counteract that. 

The main gripe for me is I don't understand who you're supposed to cheer/boo through most the show. Cody was acting the heel, Kenny was acting the heel, FTR seem to just fight who they want too, Page is chilled out with everyone he's not supposed to be with but he's still the good guy, it's all just a bit "you want your character to be a bad ass, go on then" all over the shop. 

Edited by Shy Dad

That Jericho promo killed the show for me.

Only the biggest of geeks care about ratings in 2020 and it's twice as embarrassing when neither show in the "war" can even pull in a million viewers.

Just be happy that TNT are getting better ratings than they expected.

This week definitely felt like a step backwards. I think no fans is finally starting to get to people who probably assumed that everything would be back to normal by now.

They've been going in and out of Kenny being emotionally fragile and on the verge of losing it since they started. They seem to be teasing a new Horsemen as a foil to/ downfall of The Elite. Who that comprises would seem to be Cody, Spears and FTR although I fully expect a swerve or 2 if they do go through with it.

How they handle the follow through on Cage will make a difference, if Taz talks about his injury, live to fight another day, I'll get you another shot etc and explain it that way will make sense to it.

Moving to Darby feud will help too.

I think Mox would better suit the open challenge gimmick, I know Cody wants to establish the tnt title and proves he's the new triple h or something.

But Mox would benefit from beating a mix of guys and "scrapping" his way to beat various styles and create some unusual matches for him

Wait.. wasn't the armbar on Cage's right arm after a switch? The whole saving the previously injured arm thing just doesn't work now.

Also, as mentioned earlier about them reusing plot points that made the show look so cheap, I thought Tony was meant to be overlooking the whole show and making sure the many cooks didn't overlap eachother again.

Edited by Merzbow