Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Tony Khan arguing with geeks on twitter about how great his ratings are seems like a bad look. If they’re so great he wouldn’t be so gotten to by twitter nerds trying to rustle his night gown.

He's not the God that so many think he is. He's acted like a right twat sometimes. But hey all owners do so it's generally a case of who can be the least twatty over the years. Let's see how the business gets to him.

Edited by DavidB6937
  • Paid Members
Posted

Thing you have to remember about Tony Khan is that he posted on DVDR for his entire 20s. He's an internet wrestling nerd who just happens to be a billionaire. He's occasionally a bit of a div on Twitter but AEW is the only thing I've enjoyed in wrestling in years and he appears to take genuine care of his employees better than any other wrestling promoter seems to so he's alright in my book. Plus he seems to behave like a fairly normal human in touch with reality unlike all the top office staff in WWE.

Posted
29 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Thing you have to remember about Tony Khan is that he posted on DVDR for his entire 20s.

I never heard this before - what was his username?

Posted
35 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Thing you have to remember about Tony Khan is that he posted on DVDR for his entire 20s. He's an internet wrestling nerd who just happens to be a billionaire. He's occasionally a bit of a div on Twitter but AEW is the only thing I've enjoyed in wrestling in years and he appears to take genuine care of his employees better than any other wrestling promoter seems to so he's alright in my book. Plus he seems to behave like a fairly normal human in touch with reality unlike all the top office staff in WWE.

Well he’s certainly taking care of alleged nonce Justin Roberts, that’s for sure

Posted

Tony does seem a decent bloke on the whole, I'll give him that. I think the issue is with longevity - both on and off screen. Only time will tell if AEW can keep the momentum going, and that everyone backstage doesn't let the power corrupt them. Sounds cynical I know but it's always a possibility. I'm sure we're all hoping everyone can keep on the right track.

Posted

Orange Cassidy v Jericho was great. Such a shame it was in the environment it was. Definitely a few spots in that match that wudda blown the roof off an arena full of fans.

Posted

Not watched a lot of AEW since they started doing empty arena shows, but I was intrigued to see Jericho vs. Cassidy and also I love Pentagon so was glad to see him back and wanted to see his match and also interested in how The Revival are doing, so watched those 2 matches and AEW's empty arena shows have such a better atmosphere than WWE's.   I think it's a combination of the venue, and there being more people in the "crowd".  Or the ones there are just better at making noise that sounds like they're an actual audience.

Posted

Jim Ross on Nick Jackson - 'Possibly the best pure athlete in AEW?' Half an hour later, Jim Ross - 'Is there any better athlete than Scorpio Sky?'...err Nick Jackson?

  • Paid Members
Posted

To be fair I think JR has got better as he has shaken the rust off. The flubs have been greatly reduced since he returned after lockdown.

Tony is still the MVP though, seems to be genuinely having a ball. His interactions with the talent are great too. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Really enjoyed the eight man tag match this week. Nice to have the Lucha Bros back.

Question about the Jericho-Cassidy match. At one point, Jericho hit a back elbow that looked exactly like the Judas Effect, but they called it a back elbow, and it must have been because Cassidy almost immediately dodged the Lionsault and hit a Michinoku Driver. But a few minutes later, Jericho hit an identical looking back elbow that also looked exactly like the Judas Effect, and this time it was the Judas Effect because they said it was and it kept Orange down for the 3.

Did I miss the difference between those two back elbows? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

@HarmonicGenerator I've just rewatched the end of the match because your question intrigued me.

The first back elbow Jericho hits before Lionsault is just your bog-standard back elbow. The difference with the Judas Effect is that Jericho does that little rotation/spin leading into it.

Why he doesn't hit the Judas Effect instead of the normal back elbow everytime is a question I can't answer however!

  • Paid Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

 

Why he doesn't hit the Judas Effect instead of the normal back elbow everytime is a question I can't answer however!

Wrestling logic. It's the same reason why Stone Cold doesn't just hit the Stunner straight away. There is no reason.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...