The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Do you not think that's really tough without a crowd though?

It is definitely tough. But with no idea when their even will be crowds again what option is there? Can't just put everything on hold. The way the US is going they're might not be live crowds til next year.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

My god, we're some miserable old fuckers on this board. They're doing a short, harmless, silly segment involving puppies, and we're all like 'ugh, I was worried it'd be something like that'.

“We’re all”? I think the only person whose said that is SBA, possibly because he can’t let off steam by calling a dog a cunt.

I couldn’t give two hoots about it so i’ll just skip it. If you want to watch it then fine, go for it.

The thing I do find interesting about it (and this isn’t aimed at anyone on here on either side of the argument) is that had WWE announced they were doing this they’d be getting absolutely crucified for it, saying that it’s stupid and a waste of time/push the cruisers~! etc., but AEW do it and it’s just a bit of a laugh.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

34 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It is definitely tough. But with no idea when their even will be crowds again what option is there? Can't just put everything on hold. The way the US is going they're might not be live crowds til next year.

Oh it's definitely a tough situation and yeah, I've said the same before. They do need to try. I just think - and this goes for WWE mostly - that it's often tough enough to get people over in front of a crowd let alone without one. It must be tough not getting that automatic reaction and knowing what works and what doesn't etc.

Yeah double standards with a certain group of fans "wwe can't do anything right/Vince needs to retire" "aew is for the fans/shit stuff is wink wink" 

Not sure I agree with bikini models stuff, I know they movement is important but they are models that got a nights work they wouldn't have had at the moment.

And speaking out is about sexual harassment etc but does that mean we can't have cheerleaders, models etc on any type of tv show? Things need to improve but I don't see this as an issue.

• Paid Members

I'm not a mega fan of Best Friends, but having Trents mum drive them to the ring was brilliant. Chuck T is still awful, though. Trent deserves better. 

Shida vs Ford was a good match and Ford performed better than i expected. Everytime i see her i just think how the hell was she with Janela? 

Hagar looked a mess in the cycling shorts and looked an even bigger pillock for lamping the ref instead of going after Dustin. 

• Paid Members

This stuff about people being easier on AEW than WWE just isn't right in this instance. The video they played said the puppy thing is happening 'after Fyter Fest', so I'd assume it will be a Youtube special or something along those lines. They've not replaced their world title match with a fucking puppy battle royale, ffs, yet that criticism has been thrown at them on here.

Private Party vs Hangman & Omega has replaced the Moxley match.

I've never seen one criticism of WWE being 'they didn't deliver the main event they said they would but they put an episode of the Cole & JBL show on youtube instead, the fucking pricks!' or 'ugh, that UpUpDownDown they're promoting is a Xavier Woods gaming channel - that's exactly what I feared!' 

If anything, on here especially we know how shit WWE is so let a lot of their rubbish slide, whereas a lot of us want AEW to be genuine competition so jump on it and nitpick any chance we can get. Just look at how often the fairly decent AEW commentary gets discussed on here compared to the abysmal WWE commentary which mostly goes unnoted. 

53 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Not sure I agree with bikini models stuff, I know they movement is important but they are models that got a nights work they wouldn't have had at the moment.

They served no purpose but if they must have them then they should have male models too in trunks. If they don't want the latter then they shouldn't have models dressed like that all in my opinion.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

If anything, on here especially we know how shit WWE is so let a lot of their rubbish slide, whereas a lot of us want AEW to be genuine competition so jump on it and nitpick any chance we can get. Just look at how often the fairly decent AEW commentary gets discussed on here compared to the abysmal WWE commentary which mostly goes unnoted. 

Really? Jericho gets high praise every time hes at the commentary booth and every week there are comments about how awful Mauro Ranallo is on NXT. JR and Excalibur get their critisism, however Big Tone gets the praise. Very poor choice of example by using the commentary teams. 

I actually like Mauro Ranallo on commmentary. In WWE him, Samoa Joe and Nigel Mcguinness tend to be the ones that entertain me behind the desk. Excalibur and Jericho are great in AEW. JR is only really of interest to me when its a big match with a story to be told. He excels in Cody's matches yet fails miserably in some others. 

35 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Really? Jericho gets high praise every time hes at the commentary booth and every week there are comments about how awful Mauro Ranallo is on NXT. JR and Excalibur get their critisism, however Big Tone gets the praise. Very poor choice of example by using the commentary teams. 

Yep I was about to say the same thing. People are always slagging off the WWE commentators, especially Mauro on NXT and Michael Cole's soundbytes.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Ranallo, McGuinness and Cole used to get chewed out on here on a weekly basis, whereas I don't see them mentioned much at all now. It just seems to be a given that they're shit (although I like McGuinness but that's beside the point). Whereas almost every week it seems there's a discussion on the merits of Excalibur and JR.

My personal favourite was people shitting on Excalibur for wearing a pro-wrestling mask whilst calling a pro-wrestling show. Never seen Lawler get much criticism for sitting there in his nonces crown and a fucking singlet.

Jericho and Big Tone do get universal praise and rightly so!

33 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Ranallo, McGuinness and Cole used to get chewed out on here on a weekly basis, whereas I don't see them mentioned much at all now. It just seems to be a given that they're shit (although I like McGuinness but that's beside the point). Whereas almost every week it seems there's a discussion on the merits of Excalibur and JR.

You're lucky if you get much discussion on a weekly basis on here about NXT at all, let alone the commentary.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Ranallo, McGuinness and Cole used to get chewed out on here on a weekly basis, whereas I don't see them mentioned much at all now. It just seems to be a given that they're shit (although I like McGuinness but that's beside the point).

Yep people have either accepted how absolutely dreadful they are or most likely have just stopped watching. I tried watching a YouTube clip of NXT earlier and as soon as I heard Ranallos voice I immediately turned it off. It was a genuinely immediate physical reaction of disgust.

With AEW commentary I find it either enjoyable or average/mediocre enough to completely ignore. Even if they are talking complete bollocks the sound of the voices of Excalibur, JR and Tony are pleasant enough that it doesn't turn me off.

Edited by LaGoosh

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

My god, we're some miserable old fuckers on this board. They're doing a short, harmless, silly segment involving puppies, and we're all like 'ugh, I was worried it'd be something like that'.

In fairness we have no idea it is going to be either short or harmless.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne