The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Supremo said:

If you enjoy the Dynamite theme song you're gonna fucking LOVE IT on Fite.

Dynamite song not played during commercials this week - Tony Khan a confirmed UKFF’er.

No booms, they did not ignite.  No elements collided with a flash of light. It was not time. To light the fuse. Or bring the boom. For dynamite.

• Paid Members

Taz digging at WWE’s testing system, they just can’t help themselves can they? It comes across as cheap and they should be rising above. This is the main thing you could lobby at AEW that’s very TNA-esque.

• Paid Members

That line from Tazz was such a shame. He’s proven to be a fantastic TV character and an excellent promo, but the whole thing turns to shit when they take crappy pot shots like that. Especially when there didn’t appear to be a single fucker in that stadium wearing a mask. Glass houses, guys.

Ultimately, whatever else happened on this show, I think we can all agree that the highlight was Joey Janela going full Lex Luger, struggling to angrily take his T-shirt off during his angle with Lance Archer. Jake Roberts laughing his arse off at him with his neon white teeth was just the icing on the cake.

42130819-42B7-4570-AA7E-D5D86BD289AC.thumb.jpeg.3a29fc85ba6dc2bca8fde91562f888f7.jpeg

”Your T-shirts are too tight too, Tony!”

How long has Jake had those new ridiculous teeth though? He looks like that when people put train tickets in their mouth to look like teeth.

F66EEE37-4C06-41B5-B213-56F4306AD67B.thumb.jpeg.d84a21663ee75e2fd18d95e7e571816d.jpeg

Agree with the whole "glass houses" thing. I remember they made a whole song and dance about taking social distancing seriously....

... then had a massively pull apart brawl with Jericho and Tyson. AND a battle royale to decide a top contender to the TNT title.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Taz digging at WWE’s testing system, they just can’t help themselves can they? It comes across as cheap and they should be rising above. This is the main thing you could lobby at AEW that’s very TNA-esque.

Their direct competition has managed to be so inept at handling a crisis that they've had to postpone the main event of one of their biggest shows this year because their champion has been put at risk. While that same competitor has also scrambled to put a big show opposite them.

This isn't the Voodoo Kin Mafia making inside digs.

• Paid Members

Inside digs are inside digs, they're poor whoever does them. The line wasn't needed at all and took away from Taz's promo in my opinion. I don't agree with a lot of the TNA comparisons that get lobbied at AEW, however the digs are one thing that they are guilty of and have been consistently guilty of since their inception. 

Enjoyed the show overall. It pretty much felt like an episode of Dynamite but with added palm trees and bikini ladies.

-That's probably the most I've enjoyed Private Party. Still flippy but nowhere near as chaotic as they've been previously. They've got great chemistry with P&P.

-The Jericho/ Cassidy stuff is so simple but so brilliant, can't wait to see them next week.

-I didn't mind the majority of the Tazz thing, especially using the fact that he knows how many times Moxley has been tested to twist it in to him being scared of Cage. Saying how AEW has better testing though, nah, that looked petty as fuck.

-Zoned out during the women's match. I've got zero interest unless Britt Baker is involved who is still absolute gold.

-Tag titles and TNT title were both ok, nothing special. Hager is really starting to grow on me and I loved Best Friends being dropped off by Trent's mum.

Justin Roberts dressed like he was about to join the buffet queue on his holiday in Hawaii was the MVP.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Justin Roberts dressed like he was about to join the buffet queue on his holiday in Hawaii was the MVP.

He’d probably eat that buffet food at the kid’s table, with his employers doing fuck all about it.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Their direct competition has managed to be so inept at handling a crisis that they've had to postpone the main event of one of their biggest shows this year because their champion has been put at risk. While that same competitor has also scrambled to put a big show opposite them.

This isn't the Voodoo Kin Mafia making inside digs.

And replaced that main event with a doggie battle royale. Fucking genius.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

How  long has Jake had those new ridiculous teeth though? He looks like that when people put train tickets in their mouth to look like teeth.

F66EEE37-4C06-41B5-B213-56F4306AD67B.thumb.jpeg.d84a21663ee75e2fd18d95e7e571816d.jpeg

He's had falsies for ages - I don't know if you recall, but he did a promo that got shared and praised a lot on here for an indy promotion. It was on a guy called Timber, the angle being that he'd beaten up Baby Doll. That was when everyone noted his speech was a lot different from before, because of the teeth.

Edited by Carbomb

5 hours ago, Nick James said:

Took me a second to click that you meant COVID testing and not drug/steroid testing and that Taz can’t say shit about that considering whose he’s been walking around with for the last month