The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but his apology was completely undermined by him liking this tweet at the exact same time.

B0D1AE90-C9C9-4881-B940-84A53AB951AB.thumb.jpeg.1ba58e96a3c2a724f1feba9feac18347.jpeg

Fuck him. He’s one of my current favourites to watch, but fuck him. If he’s simultaneously liking stuff like that then he clearly doesn’t grasp the problem and they’re absolutely correct to send him to some type of sensitivity training.

was that not the doctored screenshot? matter of fact i'm pretty sure thats the fake one that was doing the rounds

Edited by buba3d

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Oh really? Fair enough, my bad.

Dude, don't sweat it, this is going to happen a lot, and sadly there is so much it's hard to know how to take it. Didn't Darby get falsely accused as well last week for 20 minutes? There are still people calling for the poor guy's head.

Extremely disappointed in Sammy. He was the ‘shiny new toy’ of AEW. A big highlight every show. Massive potential.

Forever tarnished.

Now he’s one of those things you regret buying but too expensive to throw away...you just stuff it away and try to forget about it I guess.....

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I don't think Sammy's got off lightly to be honest. What he said was utterly deplorable, but (on record) he's said it once, 4 years ago before AEW even existed and as soon as it's came to light he's given probably the most genuine sounding apology of this entire ordeal, spoken directly to the person he said it about who accepted his apology and then posted herself saying they had spoken about it, and then he got suspended without pay almost immediately. 
Fair enough if he was going round saying this sort of thing all the time, or god forbid he ever acted on it or anything similar, then sack him, arrest him and all that. 

I didn't mean his punishment from AEW, which seems fair, but a lot of fans seem really really desperate that everybody forgives him and moves on. Some are even acting like he's the victim. I'm reading Big Swole getting shit on Twitter right now just for saying "Sammy was wrong. Period". Total strangers flat out telling her that she's being unreasonable. Christ, some weirdo is even @ing me just for LIKING tweets from people who are still upset about it.

I just don't think that would be happening if he wasn't so talented. I mean, was anyone using the "He was young and it was years ago!" defense when Lars Sullivan got outed for making horrible comments on that bodybuilding message board?

44 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

I just don't think that would be happening if he wasn't so talented. I mean, was anyone using the "He was young and it was years ago!" defense when Lars Sullivan got outed for making horrible comments on that bodybuilding message board?

Absolutely right. All depends on the fanbase as to what someone can get away with. It's how so many Youtubers and popstars get away with being such dicks. Their fanbases are predominantly young and female and tend to be far too mesmerised by them to want to walk away.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

I didn't mean his punishment from AEW, which seems fair, but a lot of fans seem really really desperate that everybody forgives him and moves on. Some are even acting like he's the victim. I'm reading Big Swole getting shit on Twitter right now just for saying "Sammy was wrong. Period". Total strangers flat out telling her that she's being unreasonable. Christ, some weirdo is even @ing me just for LIKING tweets from people who are still upset about it.

It's hard to judge if we're going by social media at the moment, it's a bigger pile of shit than usual. The comments on anything to do with race are filled with stupidity and hatred at the moment and there is loads of it in anything to do with equality too. On this specifically, you have to factor in the morons who are wedded to either WWE or AEW and will base their opinion on whether it's for or against "their" company.

I'm sure there's an element of going easy on him because he's not someone we all hate. If it was Dolph Ziggler, I reckon we might have the noose ready.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

Sullivan's comments were homophobic in nature weren't they? Both his and Sammy's comments are fucking awful but I think there's a fairly big difference between the two and homophobia is something entirely different from an idiotic completely tasteless rape joke. Especially as rape "jokes" were sadly all the rage with young internet edgelords a few years back.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It's hard to judge if we're going by social media at the moment, it's a bigger pile of shit than usual. The comments on anything to do with race are filled with stupidity and hatred at the moment and there is loads of it in anything to do with equality too. On this specifically, you have to factor in the morons who are wedded to either WWE or AEW and will base their opinion on whether it's for or against "their" company.

I'm sure there's an element of going easy on him because he's not someone we all hate. If it was Dolph Ziggler, I reckon we might have the noose ready.

That's true. The guy who @'d me seemed to think I was a WWE Fan Boy and accused me of me being a hypocrite because Brock Lesnar showed Terri Runnels his cock or something. It's easy to forget just how fucking ridiculous wrestling fans can be sometimes. 

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Sullivan's comments were homophobic in nature weren't they? Both his and Sammy's comments are fucking awful but I think there's a fairly big difference between the two and homophobia is something entirely different from an idiotic completely tasteless rape joke. Especially as rape "jokes" were sadly all the rage with young internet edgelords a few years back.

Homophobic and racist, and aimed at people in WWE I think.

It might not be the best comparison, granted. It was just the first example I could think of where someone has been called out for horrible remarks and nobody really gave a shit about how long ago it was or whether he was joking or not. A more recent example would be the guy that got pulled from Dark for dodgy tweets from years before. Nobody cared.

I like Sammy, for the record, and hope this doesn't hurt his career. It's the "everybody needs to accept his apology and move on because I like when he sings along to Judas!!!" shit that I dislike. You can't just order people to like him. If they think he's a creepy cunt, then it's up to him to change their minds.

I can honestly say I was still saying stupid shit in my 20s.  You sometimes say things to be 'edgy' as you think you're grown up.He made a mistake, he seems genuinely sorry for it and he's been punished for it. I don't think he's been let off lightly. Had he said this last week then by all means fire him, but he hasn't. Hopefully he's learned from it all and can go on and be a better man.

Edited by Factotum