Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Louch said:

The way ratings are measured is soo small and out of date in how it’s done it really surprises me how much it’s broken down in general chats  about whether a show was a good watch or not. Especially when most of here know there’s many watching through non live tv means.

Who said otherwise? Ratings normally reflect the competition, the previous show or what is advertised. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

I didn’t realise that Fyter Fest was taking over Dynamite for two weeks, that’s exciting, some matches I’d quite like to see on those cards. I assume that means it will still be on ITV Hub?

Posted
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I didn’t realise that Fyter Fest was taking over Dynamite for two weeks, that’s exciting, some matches I’d quite like to see on those cards. I assume that means it will still be on ITV Hub?

I would assume it’s the same situation as what Bash at the Beach was at the start of the year, i.e themed episodes of Dynamite as opposed to two shorter PPVs-type shows.

Im looking forward to both nights of it, but have they said what’s happening with the World title match yet due to Moxley’s potential COVID scenario? Or are they hoping that he’ll be good to go as a couple of weeks will have passed.

There’s been some stuff said about him on line “jeopardising” the match despite him not being the one to test positive, but he’s absolutely right to not compete,  same as Reigns was

Posted
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Who said otherwise? Ratings normally reflect the competition, the previous show or what is advertised. 

Sorry rick, I don’t know what point that ratings are so Poorly recorded that they are pretty worthless in accuracy that you are making with this? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
22 minutes ago, Louch said:

Sorry rick, I don’t know what point that ratings are so Poorly recorded that they are pretty worthless in accuracy that you are making with this? 

Ratings, however they are recorded, are used to negotiate TV deals, to dictate and charge advertising rates and to justify the renewal or cancellation of some shows altogether. They're not the be all and end all but the fact that they are that important yet somehow unworthy of discussion on a forum full of nonces and humble wrestling fans seems crazy.

Posted
22 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

The lucha bro’s are totally wasted together. The sooner pentagon turns on his brother the better 

They're a great tag team. AEW haven't done a huge amount with them. I do really enjoy both as singles guys but I get why there might not have been room for them initially. I'd rather they waited until they really want to invest in them.

Posted
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Ratings, however they are recorded, are used to negotiate TV deals, to dictate and charge advertising rates and to justify the renewal or cancellation of some shows altogether. They're not the be all and end all but the fact that they are that important yet somehow unworthy of discussion on a forum full of nonces and humble wrestling fans seems crazy.

Is there any other show on tv that they are discussed the way they are in wrestling, when they have the same power over everything broadcast? I can’t think of, nor have seen any, Except when things are cancelled, not week on week 

  • Paid Members
Posted

According to the Talk is Jericho podcast, Dr Luther was the original plan for the Exalted One, then the idea was for Marty Scurll to be unveiled, then Matt Hardy before settling on Brodie Lee. There’s no wonder the storyline was such a mess to start with, but thank fuck they didn’t go with Luther.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, Louch said:

Is there any other show on tv that they are discussed the way they are in wrestling, when they have the same power over everything broadcast? I can’t think of, nor have seen any, Except when things are cancelled, not week on week 

You ever heard of a forum called Digital Spy?

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, Louch said:

Is there any other show on tv that they are discussed the way they are in wrestling, when they have the same power over everything broadcast? I can’t think of, nor have seen any, Except when things are cancelled, not week on week 

You should hear people talking about Doctor Who.

Posted

To me it’s a relic of a bygone Monday night wars era. Hardly anyone’s watching live tv, it’s a business metric measured in a highly flawed way that I don’t understand the obsession over. Each to their own, rather discuss the content than how many others watched what I did 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Louch said:

To me it’s a relic of a bygone Monday night wars era. Hardly anyone’s watching live tv, it’s a business metric measured in a highly flawed way that I don’t understand the obsession over. Each to their own, rather discuss the content than how many others watched what I did 

Why don't you then? 

Posted
40 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Why don't you then? 

Well I did in my first post you replied to. It’s a decent watch, regardless of how many others are watching it live. Enjoy the number crunching, I’ll enjoy the show 

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

They're a great tag team. AEW haven't done a huge amount with them. I do really enjoy both as singles guys but I get why there might not have been room for them initially. I'd rather they waited until they really want to invest in them.

The tag division is huge now, while the singles midcard is looking a bit thin. I think splitting them up soon ish would be for the best. Plenty of exciting options if they do.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...