The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

They’ve got a commentator who can smash those puppies to bits with a hammer.

Great news though!

1B2A3DC6-91DA-407D-B1BD-CA7F64CFCF02.thumb.jpeg.3f36e70a668a879ebec9da93c42077ad.jpeg

Stats per hour. There’s your pure sports. Now everyone can stop banging on about it forever.

20 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Enjoyed the show overall. It pretty much felt like an episode of Dynamite but with added palm trees and bikini ladies.

-That's probably the most I've enjoyed Private Party. Still flippy but nowhere near as chaotic as they've been previously. They've got great chemistry with P&P.

-The Jericho/ Cassidy stuff is so simple but so brilliant, can't wait to see them next week.

-I didn't mind the majority of the Tazz thing, especially using the fact that he knows how many times Moxley has been tested to twist it in to him being scared of Cage. Saying how AEW has better testing though, nah, that looked petty as fuck.

-Zoned out during the women's match. I've got zero interest unless Britt Baker is involved who is still absolute gold.

-Tag titles and TNT title were both ok, nothing special. Hager is really starting to grow on me and I loved Best Friends being dropped off by Trent's mum.

Justin Roberts dressed like he was about to join the buffet queue on his holiday in Hawaii was the MVP.

It was an episode of Dynamite, no matter what they dressing it up as?

Such a shame the Jericho/Cassidy stuff is happening in front of nobody.

• Paid Members

I think AEW has been holding back on a lot of it's big planned storylines understandably hoping to do them in front of crowds. But as that's clearly not happening any time soon I reckon they've just got to crack on now. They've been in an entertaining holding pattern for awhile now but things are beginning to feel a bit stale. They've got a really strong roster, now is the time to turn them into big stars.

• Paid Members

My god, we're some miserable old fuckers on this board. They're doing a short, harmless, silly segment involving puppies, and we're all like 'ugh, I was worried it'd be something like that'.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

Felt very uncomfortable with the use of women in bikinis throughout the whole show to be honest

Yeah, that felt really old-fashioned. They kind of got away with it last year under the gimmick of 'Kenny Omega's poor project management skills', but it just felt a bit crap here. They could have varied it up by having male models as well.