Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 8, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2020 12 minutes ago, Chris B said: Considering the way Jericho appeared to be the only person on the planet pushing for him to be the leader of the Dark Order, I think he's there as a sweetener to Jericho. Think of him as the Nasty Boys. he was on Jericho's podcast after he debuted, and was put over as Jericho's oldest friend in the business. I think he's one of the guys who has an ill-defined office job with AEW as well as being a performer for them. Even as an FMW mark who loves it when completely unexpected random wrestlers resurface years later, I'd struggle to justify Luther getting any TV time whatsoever. No harm in him as a jobber, though - he's got a bit of character, and enough experience that he must have something to offer as an old hand.
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 8, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2020 21 minutes ago, Chris B said: Think of him as the Nasty Boys. That's harsh on Knobbs and Sags! I'm not a huge Kazarian fan but he is one of those guys who can have a decent match with anybody and all of his stuff looks clean and crisp. When you're blowing spots and having an ugly match with Kaz, you're probably not very good.
Merzbow Posted July 8, 2020 Posted July 8, 2020 Yeah Kaz is a "solid hand" and you'd have to be a proper shitarse to not have an ok match with him. I'm glad to see Pillman Jr get a shot in AEW, from what I saw in MLW he was green but had a good bit of character to him and a cool look, like an alternate world Janela if Janela actually looked like a star. I liked that Nasties run in TNA but more in a freakshow way, the fallout online was pretty funny.
Liam O'Rourke Posted July 8, 2020 Posted July 8, 2020 I don't know, I think Kazarian has had at least two near-disasters with hurricanranas since AEW started, he's not always dead on.
Merzbow Posted July 8, 2020 Posted July 8, 2020 Nakazawa still wearing those rotten, falling apart tights and kneepads must be gimmick, right? One day it'll be made known that Omega keeps him locked up except when it's time to fuck about on Dark and then takes all his pay.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 8, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2020 7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: Luther has gotta be one of the first guys this company actually fires, right? Watched last nights Dark and there's not a single redeeming feature to having him on your show. Meh, he's a jobber. He's the post-Brood Gangrel of AEW.
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 8, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2020 Minus the cheese and onion gimmick.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2020 Night 2 was a big improvement on Night 1. Good show, that. I enjoyed pretty much everything.
cobra_gordo Posted July 9, 2020 Posted July 9, 2020 Got to agree, night 2 was loads better. Thought Orange Cassidy/ Jericho was great, Cassidy looked really strong.
Merzbow Posted July 9, 2020 Posted July 9, 2020 The new music for the fiteTV adbreaks is even fucking worse than before.
Philjax Posted July 9, 2020 Posted July 9, 2020 My main takeaway from that ratings breakdown a few pages back, is that the majority of people would let Sasha Banks take a shit in their mouth, and then lick her clean.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2020 Sammy Guevara probably would.
Yakashi Posted July 9, 2020 Posted July 9, 2020 Tony Khan arguing with geeks on twitter about how great his ratings are seems like a bad look. If they’re so great he wouldn’t be so gotten to by twitter nerds trying to rustle his night gown.
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2020 (edited) Really enjoyed that. The 8-man tag was enormous fun, and god, I've missed Lucha Bros. Some ridiculous spots, but all so well done. And Orange Cassidy vs Chris Jericho was great. Cassidy's kind of unique, because with almost anyone else, you'd be feeling they should have got a big win by now - but with OC, the big moment is him bringing it at all. And Taz with the FTW title, I liked a lot. Always liked the belt (in all designs) and the concept. Not sure if Cage is the right guy, but overall, they're building him up well. Oh, and the Puppy Battle Royale was on youtube afterwards. I'd be up for them doing more of this occasionally. Love Schiavone - "This is better than anything I called in 2000." Edited July 9, 2020 by Chris B
Recommended Posts