The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Cage vs Moxley is the first AEW match I've cared about in months. They've done a surprisingly good job in building this one up, especially when compared to how lacklustre everything else they're doing is. I'm not a big Brian Cage fan but it's an intriguing pairing in-ring, it'll be cool to see him and Moxley trading bombs.

FTR vs. Lucha Bros is the first match in AEW in quite a while that I really really want to watch.   I think Orange Cassidy vs. Pac was the last one.

I do enjoy AEW.   I'm just not overly excited by much of it.   But this match should be good.

He's actually a really nice guy isn't he. I hate to use the term mark but wow it's mad to see him fanning over Bischoff, particularly at the start. Seems to have a good head so hopefully he can put his friendship with the bucks and co aside to keep the silly shit at a minimum so that they can grow more mainstream.

16 minutes ago, The Dart said:

FTR vs. Lucha Bros is the first match in AEW in quite a while that I really really want to watch.   I think Orange Cassidy vs. Pac was the last one.

I do enjoy AEW.   I'm just not overly excited by much of it.   But this match should be good.

Didn't have any interesting in OC/Jericho? I thought that was a good combination.

43 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I do enjoy AEW.   I'm just not overly excited by much of it.

I think that sums up my feeling for AEW.  I really want to like it way more than I actually do.   However, I find myself defending it on Twitter because American WWE fans on Twitter are nasty morons.

I think it's fair to say all companies are suffering from having no fans. It's an integral part of the show. I do keep watching (NXT and AEW with the odd bits of something else in between) but mostly out of habit. It's okay but I can see why so many people have tuned out.

• Paid Members

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think it's fair to say all companies are suffering from having no fans. It's an integral part of the show. I do keep watching (NXT and AEW with the odd bits of something else in between) but mostly out of habit. It's okay but I can see why so many people have tuned out.

I haven't watched more than 5 mins of any show (barring portions of Wrestlemania) since the empty arena shows came in.

I can't really articulate my feelings in full and while there's very little they can do about it, to me the wrestling looks ludicrous, fake and essentially pointless when they're performing in front of no-one or a small band of employed cheerleaders. 

The lack of a crowd really shouldn't make that much of a difference to someone's enjoyment of a show, but for one reason or another it does for me.

I keep hearing some decent things about Impact which I'll always have a soft spot for, but even then an Impact taping with 200 people in attendance compared to no-one at all just looks, sounds and feels leagues apart.

I took a very brief break from wrestling after Speaking Out, but I really do want to get some enjoyment out of it again so I decided to give Fyter Fest a try.

I didn’t enjoy it much, but I can fully acknowledge that it may be down to how I’m feeling about the sport right now.

The one thing I would say is that as a fan who started watching as far back as 2002, I had no idea what the FTW title was, let alone whether or not it was as iconic as Taz implied. 

Is it unfair to consider this Tony Khan placing more weight on something simply because he had fond memories of it when he was younger?

I don’t really understand what it is supposed to represent in this situation.

Edited by RedRooster

13 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I took a very brief break from wrestling after Speaking Out, but I really do want to get some enjoyment out of it again so I decided to give Fyter Fest a try.

I didn’t enjoy it much, but I can fully acknowledge that it may be down to how I’m feeling about the sport right now.

The one thing I would say is that as a fan who started watching as far back as 2002, I had no idea what the FTW title was, let alone whether or not it was as iconic as Taz implied. 

Is it unfair to consider this Tony Khan placing more weight on something simply because he had fond memories of it when he was younger?

I don’t really understand what it is supposed to represent in this situation.

You'd have to have seen ECW from the late nineties to know about the FTW belt.  It was kinda cool at the time and Taz 'invented' it because Shane Douglas couldn't/wouldn't defend the actual ECW World Title versus him at the time.  So it fits storyline was with what AEW are doing.

• Paid Members

I think, as with Jericho giving a specific date about the Mike Tyson thing rather than explaining it, there's an assumption now that people will google it. It was certainly being discussed a lot on social media, etc.