The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I wasn't a fan of the drowning spot, pulled me out of the match and bummed me out. Other than that I thought it was a tremendous show. 

7 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

I thought his suit was hilariously awful. The kind of thing a 13 year old goth would wear. 

Which is the look he should be going for imo.

Anyone seriously trying to be a goth at his age in 2020 is always going to look a right tit. Go full poser tosser I say.

Edited by The King Of Swing

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Ladder match was OK, but had some drizzling shit bits (Jimmy Havoc, Kip Sabian, that stupid fucking Darby Allin spot with the skateboard). First time seeing Brian Cage; Jesus, what a Roidy Magoo.

I liked the skateboard spot, was like any Jeff Hardy ladder spot except probably safer. Why wouldn’t Allin try his best to fuck people up in a ladder match? 

1 hour ago, Benoitmark said:

Big Woman vs. Japanese girl

The Japanese girl is called the hottest women in all of wrestling in the promo package, I'd give her a 7/10 myself. 

This was a good match, went on too long but still entertaining, Shida made it look like a fight and the big girl moved well for a big girl.

Shouldn’t need explaining your complete ignorance for the point they were making but here goes anyway, they weren’t saying she’s the hottest for her looks, but for her form in the ring

Infact your whole post sums up what a shit gimmick you are, not knowing who the competitors are and using WWE names for guys you do. I don’t watch a whole lot of Impact, ROH or NJPW but if I were to watch a card of theirs I’d at least look up some if not all of the names I’m not familiar with before watching it first

7 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I liked the skateboard spot, was like any Jeff Hardy ladder spot except probably safer. Why wouldn’t Allin try his best to fuck people up in a ladder match? 

That's fine, he can try and do that, I just thought it looked stupid with the skateboard, that's all.

Even if he'd connected, he would've hurt himself way worse than his opponent. (Am aware this relates to most of wrestling)

Plus as someone with bad knees, I feel sorry for his ones.

2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

I was dreading the broken matt stuff anyway, but the fact that no one there had the foresight to think that holding a man underwater after shad gaspard drowned was a bad idea tells me that eventually, these lads are going to self masturbate themselves into oblivion... 

I thought even the tribute at the start of his name and dates of life with RIP as a tide washed onto a shore was such an odd choice considering the circumsrances of his death.

• Paid Members

The pool thing was tone-deaf, although I didn't make the connection. If it had been done in any way as a serious spot, I'd have been thinking about it more, but with it being part of a running joke, I didn't. Too busy laughing at Ortiz carefully climbing down into the water. In hindsight, yeah, I can agree they probably should have dropped it.

The other negative was Mike Tyson, who doesn't feel on-brand with their 'for everyone' kind of approach, and also who just took away from the match. Not just because of that, but generally, Cody/Archer fell flat for me. Wrong guy won too.

However, otherwise, I enjoyed that throughout. I was thinking it was a smart move to go for comedy more than anything in the ladder match, and some of the spots were fun. Loved Orange Cassidy wandering over to the announcers to ask what the rules were. 

Shida/Rose was a really fun match, and she feels like a big star. 

It feels like the Dark Order thing was killed off, but Brodie Lee looked much, much better - that was a better match than I was expecting.

That main event though. I laughed consistently, and it just kept delivering. Each time they set something up, they went where I hoped they would - Hager and Hangman stopping for a drink, Matt doing the suplexes all the way down the field, the moonsault off the goal... tremendous stuff.

5 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I thought even the tribute at the start of his name and dates of life with RIP as a tide washed onto a shore was such an odd choice considering the circumsrances of his death.

That stuck out to me much more than the pool spot.

I suppose different stuff is gonna raise different eyebrows.

26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Even if he'd connected, he would've hurt himself way worse than his opponent.

Admittedly it has been a very long time since I’ve been on a skateboard, but I know which side I would rather be on.

• Paid Members

Jon Moxley did the Bam Bam/Taz spot through the stage and then did a submission, with the leg grapevine like the Tazmission. Cage and Moxley will be the next feud as well. Nice little wink there.

Hope they just drop the Dark Order shite. Brodie Lee looks great in the ring. He's completely being let down by that Vince McMahon gimmick he's doing.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Jon Moxley did the Bam Bam/Taz spot through the stage

His head was SO close to the edge of the frame. That was terrifying. Although the image of all the refs putting gloves on before a bloody Lee came up out of the ramp was fantastic.