MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

One of the reasons I can see WWE waiving the 90 day no-compete is there is no real hit to the ratings or popularity if the likes of a Rusev comes in just now. More people have turned off rather than turned on during this no fans era and a bigger hit will come when they can get the fan pop out of it and all the YouTube views showing the reactions of him showing up.

5 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

I reckon Cobb or Gulak turn up as proxy Tazz to scupper Darby. 

Otherwise you've got Cage (if he's healthy), Chris Hero and whoever else is floating around as possibilities.

Whatever happened with Jeff Cobb? AEW brought him in, positioned him as a big deal... then he had a match with Mox and just disappeared, didn't he?

18 minutes ago, FUM said:

One of the reasons I can see WWE waiving the 90 day no-compete is there is no real hit to the ratings or popularity if the likes of a Rusev comes in just now. 

Makes sense since it has been years since they have been able to keep a worker hot after the initial buzz has worn off. Because of their inability to call up NXT talent they probably probably think everyone will blend in to the rest of roster after three months 

5 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Whatever happened with Jeff Cobb? AEW brought him in, positioned him as a big deal... then he had a match with Mox and just disappeared, didn't he?

They brought him in as an assassin for one night, made him sound like a threat then had Mox beat him.

It's quite odd that he was a one shot when you consider who has contracts but it was clearly the plan.

I don't mind a rotating talent pool as a concept. Better than people outstaying their welcome. But still odd it just happened with Cobb.

21 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Rey Fenix has been cleared for Saturday so I guess he's fine.

Fenix is now out, Janela in.

Really enjoyed these. All of them should deliver, especially if Moxley destroys the Dark Order and sends Brodie Lee in a new direction. Stampede match will probably just be bonkers fun and Cody will probably go for another dramatic story based match. 

The whole Countdown show is available to watch on Fite TV. You don't need an account or anything. Does a great hype job for tonight.

Really liked PAC’s promo on this week’s show. Especially the line about someone getting their snout kicked in. He’s a big miss right now.

Really disliked the fact that MJF was revealed to be an absolute fucking loser of the highest level by getting beaten up by Marko Stunt. What bottom of the barrel sub-jobber can’t just annihilate Stunt in a couple of minutes? MJF, apparently. Just when I thought AEW had finally figured out that Stunt’s role is to get the living shit continually pummelled out of him with only the barest glimmer of very occasional hope, they have MJF, one of their supposed top heels, actually selling for the guy. Nobody on that roster should ever, now and forever, ever have a problem with beating MJF handily in seconds now he’s been shown to suffer pain at the hands of, and be treated as the equal, of Marko fucking Stunt. Nobody try and defend this to me, I will not listen.

PAC was good though.

Really like those preview videos, it's very UFC. Makes each match feel more important.

AEW have such an advantage with the one manageable roster, one tv show, one PPV to get the best out of everyone and tell stories. WWE have diluted their own product with too much content.

JR was at his worst on this weeks show, seemed out the loop on everything and coming out with statements going against everything. Tony felt like his carer. Really time to prepare a younger alternative to him, sooner than later. Keep him for special occasions if needed 

Is the Buy In show no longer on ITV4? Any other way to watch on TV outside my IPTV subscription? 

3 minutes ago, FUM said:

Is the Buy In show no longer on ITV4? Any other way to watch on TV outside my IPTV subscription? 

I’ll watch the pre show through YouTube on my Tele, but the fight app is proper shit on my Amazon Firestick so I’ll probably have to watch that on my iPad