The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

All the vignettes were really good. Spears was interesting for the first time ever. 

For me Spears has been one of the more underrated members of the AEW roster, from a character POV at least. His feud with Cody was excellent, he’s a surprisingly entertaining promo and his pairing with Tully, should that still be a thing, has been excellent. The guy deserves a more consistent run on Dynamite than he’s had to this point.

I have visions, and dependent on if and how they can bump, of there being some sort of ref bump/distraction and Jake giving Cody a DDT, leaving the ring smirking with Archer behind him in the ring only for Archer to turn around into a spinebuster from Double A either that or Jake planting Arn or Brandi with a DDT on the outside

• Paid Members

Three injuries in 1 night by all accounts. 

Rumours one of the Jacksons has injured or potentially broke a rib on the dive off the wall, Fenix's hip is pretty banged up after free falling onto nothing and from what I've seen online the suspicion is a torn ACL for Baker (which could force her to take time off being a dentist with surgery, unable to get around etc). 

The Baker injury could have been avoided, it was a stupid move and genuinely could have injured her three or four ways. 

Fenix just makes me worried what injuries could happen from a ladder match with no crowd Saturday as well if that's the level of stunt we're getting without one involved. 

8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

For me Spears has been one of the more underrated members of the AEW roster, from a character POV at least. His feud with Cody was excellent, he’s a surprisingly entertaining promo and his pairing with Tully, should that still be a thing, has been excellent. The guy deserves a more consistent run on Dynamite than he’s had to this point.

Nah. He was pretty entertaining in this latest episode but on the whole they've shown why he never got any further in WWE/NXT. He's fine for what he is but he's really not underrated.

Shame about the injuries, whichever Buck is hurt won’t be a problem as they will be able to work the match and just do an injury angle. If Fenix isn’t 100% he should be pulled from the ladder match because that guy will be attempting all sorts of mad bollocks.

If Baker can no longer perform as a dentist while injured then that is a real shame and hopefully AEW take care of her financially. Was a dangerous move and not necessary. She’s been great value in the women’s division and will be missed.

I can’t think of any other injuries AEW wrestlers have picked up which don’t involve Cody’s skull. Mad that they went a year without any and then had three on the same show 

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Nah. He was pretty entertaining in this latest episode but on the whole they've shown why he never got any further in WWE/NXT. He's fine for what he is but he's really not underrated.

Don't get me wrong, he shouldn't be main eventing any time soon but I think he has value as a midcard figure. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think he's been a really good character. It could just be a case of me wanting to hear more of his superb entrance music on Dynamite I suppose. What a tune!

• Paid Members

Saw a bunch of people on twitter complaining about Fenix not being caught - that seems a little unfair, as it seemed much more like Fenix just didn't get the distance he meant to and missed where he was aiming for. He's very lucky not to have been seriously injured. It looked like the next two dives went a little further than intended, partly because Fenix was being kept so close to the ring apron.

Overall, that was a really easy episode of Dynamite. The women's division feels a lot more solid than at times before, and Shida is feeling like a definite star. Cassidy casually stepping back to avoid Fenix's kick was a thing of joy. And Page and the Bucks returning was a lot of fun, and it still feels like they're mostly handling this well.

They were locked into the Dark Order thing way too much, but the timing with the lockdown didn't help. This feels like a placeholder, but I hope that it's written off at the PPV. Brodie hasn't connected yet, and this just doesn't work for him - I can see why he wanted to do it, but he's not nailing it at all.

One thing with this version of the Dark Order that really feels like it missed the mark is the name. If it had even just been The Order or something - all the positive, feel-good stuff they've been doing, with a more gradual cult feel, could have been much more fun and made more sense. Instead, it suffered from being retrofitted to what they were already doing.

One negative though - fuck Mike Tyson. Really could do without them harping on about him. I really hope he doesn't become a regular part of programming.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members

I made a thread about storyline narratives you like a while ago. Trying to find a tag partner would be right up there. Especially when it's a heel who either just constantly walks out on the guys for being shit or kicks the shit out of them when they lose. Always a winner.