AEW All Out

Supremo

Enjoyed the show, very long and the middle was a bit off for me because the Hardcore match was a bit daft and I really don’t care about the Dark Order/Best Friends and Riho/Shida getting time but there’s plenty to enjoy.

The opener was fun, PAC/Omega was very good with a great finish, liked the story stuff in Cody/Spears and then the ladder match and main event both delivered for me. Jericho is the right choice for champion in the short term, and they can build someone up to take it off him. 

Jericho/Cody, Moxley/Omega and PAC/Page at Full Gear would be good and the tag division is stacked. 

It’s basically fun because you don’t know what you’re gonna great at the moment. 

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members

Overall, a really good show and an easy watch I thought.

The opener was exactly what a PPV opener should be. Absolutely tons of fun. Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy fucking rule. Luchasaurus especially. The multiple ninja kicks followed by a chokeslam and moonsault bit was nuts. Could have done without the handshake and hugs at the end though. And SCU's ring attire is just the shits.

Loved Pac vs Omega. I'm hoping Pac is a full time roster member. He's incredible. Has an amazing look as just this horrible, tough looking miserable shit. Also clearly knows how to reign in the overkill tendencies of someone like Omega to make an actual logical match with proper build. There was a bit where he hit a spectacular top rope dropkick that got a huge reaction. In this type of match usually they would have immediately followed that up with a death valley driver, enziguri and superkick all within 30 seconds. And I actually enjoyed Omega in this match which I rarely do. MORE PAC!

I loved the Crackerbarrell 3 way. Mental stuff and just incredibly fun. I don't want to see it every week (or even every month) but every now and again I love a pure insane ridiculous spectacle like this. Allin has real upside and potential as a singles star for AEW. He has a look, style and charisma to him that just draws you in. I'd bin off Havoc and Janela as soon as possible, what the fuck do you have these two do every week on TNT? I see no upside with them.

As soon I saw Dark Order I skipped this match. They just look embarrassing. I also skipped the Womens match.

Cody/Spears was good old school fun. Spears is a completely non-entity and not worth a full time spot but as a vehicle to get Cody over I thought this was pretty perfect. Cody, to his credit, looks like he's having the time of his life in these types of matches (unlike his poor dog) playing an old-school babyfaces and they're fun to watch and completely different from most of what you get in today's wrestling. Great tease with MJF. Thumbs up.

The ladder match was good and bad. Full of genuinely incredible stuff. But it was just a collection of insane moments with no real flow and logic to pretty much anything. And there was just too much. Shave off 40% of the match (especially weird stuff like the double frog splash) and save the biggest moments for the end rather that randomly interspersing them throughout and you'd have an all time classic. For example, the two biggest spots. They could have finished the match with the following: Pentagon hits the Canadian Destroyer off the top through a table on the one Buck, he climbs the ladder and the other Buck pulls his mask off. He tries to climb up the ladder as Pentagon is on the floor covering his face, but then Fenix pushes him off the ladder out of the ring through the tables. Fenix then climbs the ladder and wins the match. You have the three biggest reaction moments in a row and a hot finish. Instead what we got was between all three of these moments was loads of other spots and meandering around. It's very frustrating that something entertaining isn't being reigned in to be something truly special. LAX debut after was really good. I'd still prefer Fenix and Pentagon as singles though.

Really enjoyed the main event. I like Jericho's look. He looks like a completely deranged egomaniac bitter old rock star, which fits his character perfectly and is actually quite a unique character in wrestling. Good story to this match of Jericho being the smarter, more aggressive and more skilled wrestler but physically unable to keep up with the younger, faster and stronger Hangman. This was my first Hangman match. Coming out on a horse made him look like a boss to me before even getting in the ring. I like him. He's not quite there yet but even being in this match gave him the rub. I'm excited to see Jericho's reign.

Also, fans actually reacting. Reacting loudly. And clearly into the product. It makes such a wonderful difference to the uninterested and dickheaded audiences WWE usually has these days.

The only things I didn't really like:

- the commentary was often tedious and quite muddled.

- fucking Justin Roberts?! Who hired that gobshite?! Absolutely terrible. Bring in Melissa Santos.

-  dives in literally every match.

- the crappy logos in the corners of the ring mat. 

- the pyro. If you're gonna get pyro fork out for the good stuff, not this tacky shite.

- terrified dogs.

I am conducting this investigation in order to gain a clearer understanding of the influence of professional wrestling on individuals as part of my masters at the University of Lincoln, UK. I request your participation in a dissertation study that is concerned with the motives related to the level of involvement in following All Elite Wrestling (AEW).

I ask that you complete this questionnaire, which should take approximately 2 minutes to finish. Here is the link to the questionnaire.

There are no known physical or psychological risks associated with completing this survey; however, some questions may be considered sensitive by some. As such, your assistance is entirely voluntary and you may withdraw from completing the survey at any time. You can be assured of complete confidentiality. Individual responses will not be reported. The published results will not refer to any individual and all discussions will be based on group data. 

If you have any questions about the survey, please contact the e-mail address below. Thank you for your assistance with this research.

17687266@students.lincoln.ac.uk

I passed out during the Cody entrance, so caught up this morning. Quick take aways on what I saw live:

I like the 3 man team, but it's still a work in progress. Excalibur still finding his feet as a proper PBP guy, Goldenboy is better than I expected, and actually think they should save JR for a few matches, not the whole card.

The other JR - Justin, needs to be locked in a small dark room until he signs an affidavit forbidding him from using shitty voice afflections for the time keeping bits. I don't know if he was trying to get himself over in some selfish way, but it was distracting enough for the commentary team to pick up on it.

Did we really need the "Cracker barrel clash" in the middle of the card? Felt out of place and forced, which I guess being a sponsored deal, it was forced.

TOPE SUICIDA...Oh look...TOPE SUICIDA...TOPE CON HELLO...FFS WE GET IT

Whoever decided it was a smart idea to bring Pharoah out into pyro and a large, animated crowd needs to get the puppy treatment from JR. I've seen a report that the pyro mortars shouldn't have fired and Tony Khan rightly ripped people new ones over it; also noted the pyros didn't fire for Jericho until after Hangman's horse was out of the arena.

I like the idea of Jericho being the first champ, Hangman is a star on the rise and eventually getting one over the aging egotist rock star is a good plan IMO.

Read that Khan did a post-show announcement that they're returning to Chicago every year for a PPV and they want to do a show around Thanksgiving there every year too. I guess, to use an old term, if WWE is "New York", AEW will be "Chicago"

One thing I like, AEW has worked hard to set up "divisions" that means the TV shows don't need a predictable main every week. You can do a tag title match, a trios match, a mental bastards match, and theoretically guys facing each other on ppv don't have 4 singles matches beforehand...... Hopefully they make it work long term. 

• Paid Members

Definitely the best show so far. Arn did a spinebuster.

Miraculously, the commentary was passable most of the night. I enjoy snarky JR because I find he's got a point and the stuff he thinks is shite usually is.

Pac v Omega was really good and I'm delighted to see Pac get some time to shine. He performed miracles as the 205 champion, only for WWE to ignore his obvious ability to make something out of their shite. Could be a huge star for them, over here, if they give him a chance.

I'm delighted they had Jericho win. I know a few on here rate him, but I've yet to see anything about Hangman Page to get excited about. Far too early for him to be put in that champion spot. The match was ok considering the crowd were done by then.

Animal cruelty aside, I enjoyed Cody's match. Cody has shown himself to have a real talent for storytelling and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with MJF. Shawn Spears is very average, though.

Hopefully that's them settling into it now and have got all the wacky nonsense out of their system.

15 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

I'm delighted they had Jericho win. I know a few on here rate him, but I've yet to see anything about Hangman Page to get excited about. Far too early for him to be put in that champion spot. The match was ok considering the crowd were done by then.

Pretty much how I feel about it. While they want to be presented as the alternative and pushing new talent etc, it makes complete business sense to have a recognisable talent on top and have a hot new babyface working hard to take him down. The money is always in the chase. Plus as you said Page isn't ready. They need to build up all these new talents before fully pulling the trigger on one.

Echo most of the thoughts on here. Thought the wrong team went over in the opener. Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy really are something special. 

Enjoyed Omega/Pac more than I have any Omega match before. Skipped the Dark Order match and the womens match as I had no interest in either. 

Loved the Arn Anderson cameo in Cody/Spears and thought the match was really good although the weakest Cody singles match so far. Echo the sentiments re Pharaoh. 

I'm a fan of weapon filled stunt matches so loved the 3 way and the ladder match. Excited for Santana and Ortiz going forward. 

Adam Page looked like a megastar on the horse but the right man won. Big chance to make someone now when they take the title off Jericho.

Also the entire show reinforced the fact that I can't stand Justin Roberts. Useless cunt. 

• Paid Members

I really like Page but didn't expect him to win, nor do I think it's the wrong decision. The key though, when you've done such a good job of establishing how much a guy wants to win, is in the follow up. We've seen it so many times in the past where guys never hit the same level again after such a loss. A particular TNA speciality.