AEW All Out

Supremo

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

How the fuck can AEW justify putting their world title on somebody who looks like THAT? Jericho almost makes me look fit.

He's a state, alright, but they're playing up that he's a 48 year old rock "star". As shit as he looks, he genuinely can still go too. He's hardly Hogan in 2002 in the ring. Think that Hogan takes a better 10x8 though. And knows where he left the belt.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

He's a state, alright, but they're playing up that he's a 48 year old rock "star". As shit as he looks, he genuinely can still go too. He's hardly Hogan in 2002 in the ring. 

That was the 2002 Hogan who had blinders against The Rock and Brock Lesnar?

Hogan in 2002 was great. Those matches with Brock, Rock and Angle, as well as the tag stuff with Edge and the odd TV match against the likes of Jericho, were really good. They tapped into the nostalgia perfectly and used Hogan about as well as they could. 

The stuff with HHH and 'Taker was shit, granted, but don't let that negate the good stuff. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I know one of your things is to be 'everything Hogan ever did was shit' but come on.

Nah, I'll give credit where it's due. Hogan and Rock is incredible for what it is but the work isn't the reason. Hogan was good in some angles around then, particularly bleeding like a motherfucker but he was shot. As muc as he had matches that weren't terrible with Brock and Kurt, he had horror shows mostly. The Flair and Triple H matches should be shown in prisons to stop reoffending.

10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Nah, I'll give credit where it's due. Hogan and Rock is incredible for what it is but the work isn't the reason.

Huge, huge disagreement.

I think they worked that match exactly right. Hugely over the top match perfect for a stadium or dome show. Projected all the way to the back row.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Huge, huge disagreement.

I think they worked that match exactly right. Hugely over the top match perfect for a stadium or dome show. Projected all the way to the back row.

I was going to edit that because it's a bad choice of words. It's worked perfectly. They know what they need to do to get the most out of that. It's not athletic but it is great work. The crowd and the stature of the two guys is the reason that's an awesome spectacle though. The match is what it is.