AEW All Out

Supremo

• Paid Members

Ā 

21 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Nah, I'll give credit where it's due. Hogan and Rock is incredible for what it is but the work isn't the reason. Hogan was good in some angles around then, particularly bleeding like a motherfucker but he was shot. As muc as he had matches that weren't terrible with Brock and Kurt, he had horror shows mostly. The Flair and Triple H matches should be shown in prisons to stop reoffending.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I was going to edit that because it's a bad choice of words. It's worked perfectly. They know what they need to do to get the most out of that. It's not athletic but it is great work. The crowd and the stature of the two guys is the reason that's an awesome spectacle though. The match is what it is.

backpedaling.jpg?w=400&h=253

I am always fascinated by people refusing to accept that Rock and Hogan had a great match. Who cares?

Was it athletic? No! Of course it wasn't. It was a Hulk Hogan match in 2002. Like I said before, they worked the exact type of match they should have worked for a first timeĀ dream match on anĀ enormous show in a Dome. Everything they did worked a treat and they had as good a match as they possibly could have given the style and limitations of both.

Imagine if they went "Brother,Ā lets go out there and show theĀ smarks we know how to work" and did a slow burn technical match that built into a frenzy of head drops andĀ falsies. It would have sucked. Ā 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

I am always fascinated by people refusing to accept that Rock and Hogan had a great match. Who cares?

Was it athletic? No! Of course it wasn't. It was a Hulk Hogan match in 2002. Like I said before, they worked the exact type of match they should have worked for a first timeĀ dream match on anĀ enormous show in a Dome. Everything they did worked a treat and they had as good a match as they possibly could have given the style and limitations of both.

Imagine if they went "Brother,Ā lets go out there and show theĀ smarks we know how to work" and did a slow burn technical match that built into a frenzy of head drops andĀ falsies. It would have sucked. Ā 

I don't think it wasn't a great watch. Wrestling takes all sorts and that proves it. Hogan had a match in TNA once that was loads of fun with barely a bump in it. The atmosphere was a big part though. When they did the match again a year or so later without the crowd, it wasn't anywhere near as good.

In the context of the argument, Hogan was fucked in 2002 and beyond. Knees, hips and back fucked. Jericho is in far better shape. Doesn't mean Hogan had forgotten how to get the most out of very little but it was rarely very good. IMO as always.

I'd like Jericho to go full on Terry Funk soon, to be honest. Just transition into a wild character brawler, ditch this 'I'm still cool, guys!' rockstar shit. He looks like a parody now.Ā 

Stop doing the Lionsault and springboard bollocks and trying to keep up with the younger, more athletic guys.Ā 

I don't dislike Jericho as much as others, but for a man who has been so great at reinventing himself over the years, this latest incarnation kinda sucks a dick.Ā 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

This is exactly why the Goldberg return run was so good. They played exactly to his strengths (as long as we forget Dubai ever happened of course)

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Ā ditch this 'I'm still cool, guys!' rockstar shit. He looks like a parody now.Ā 

Isn't that kind of the point? He's a heel. We're not supposed to think he's a cool rockstar, we're supposed to think he's a middle aged man whoĀ thinksĀ he's a cool rockstar.

35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Isn't that kind of the point? He's a heel. We're not supposed to think he's a cool rockstar, we're supposed to think he's a middle aged man whoĀ thinksĀ he's a cool rockstar.

I agreeĀ but it just does nothing for me.Ā 

14 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Thatā€™s his New Japan gimmick

He should do it more and better!Ā 

I think both Hogan and Jericho were hit and miss in their later years to be fair.

Hogan had the 'Mania X8 match wit the Rock, various good matches with Brock, Angle and Jericho and was effective in tags. He also had the outrageously entertaining matches with Vince and HBK.

The rematch with Rock wasn't near as good. The matches with HHH and Taker were really, really bad.

Jericho had the great Tokyo Dome match with Omega andĀ the Naito feud (including a good match with EVIL). Personally, I felt his Okada match was among Okada's weakest major singles bouts ever. I also didn't think the AEW rematch with Omega was very good.

I think the difference is that Hogan could more or less work the same style he worked in his Prime with very few adjustments. Jericho obviously isn't going to be able to do that given he worked a way more athletic style when he was younger. Whenever Jericho tries to work a more high spot oriented, fast paced style now...it looks baaaaaaad.

• Paid Members

The "problem" with Hogan has always been that he works to a formula. It means that if he's put in there with interchangeable heels, he can work a Hulk Hogan match, and it'll always be functional. And if he's put in a controlled, structured environment like his match with Vince or The Rock, he'll be great.

But if he's put in against someoneĀ elseĀ who works to a formula - Flair, Triple H, Undertaker - if the two don't gel, it's pretty much unsalvageable. It's the same reason Goldberg/Undertaker was never going to work - they both have "their" match, and there's absolutely no middle ground where the two can slot comfortably together.Ā 

Jericho's more diverse, and more adaptable, but he needs the right opponent to be great - and I think that's always been the case with him. To look at the Okada match, specifically - I think Okada's strength is that his own style is inherently very simplistic, and he tends to weave his signature spots into his opponent's match. Okada vs Suzuki is a Minoru Suzuki match, vs Shibata is a Shibata match, vs Omega is an Omega match. That doesn't work with Jericho, particularly at this point in his career, when he'sĀ alsoĀ the guy who needs to wrestle his opponent's match to be great.

• Paid Members

They replied to another tweet, stating that the belt was indeed found but the case is still open due them still investigatingĀ any criminal activity,

Personally, I think it's more likely that Jericho got pissed up and left it at the restaurant or another bar, then drunkenly contacted the police before it was found in a Lost & Found box.Ā 

• Paid Members

I dont give a fuck who you are. A part of the SAS, a Premier League footballer, a rock star, a shop assistant, a cop, a paedophile or all the aforementioned. One thing that makes us all equal is, if there is a title belt in front of you you will absolutely mark out on the spot and do a pose with it.